Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia book!? xD

So a couple of days ago I was at the library and actually found a book all about emeteophobia..and lo and behold it was the ONLY book about it! (And as an aside, the book was by all the eating disorder books...) Anyway, the book is called "Living with Emetophobia" by Nicolette Heaton-Harris. The author actually deals with emetophobia herself and it's all about her coping. Now, I don't know if you have any family members/friends that have trouble really understanding your problem...but if they do I would recommend them reading this book to better understand you! She put things so eloquently I was really looking for a book to help my anxiety, but it was a pleasant surprise to stumble upon this book. I still find it soo shocking that this phobia is in the top 5 phobias of all time, but yet NO ONE seems to have heard of it before! And with all the people that have it, I have NEVER met one in real life! It would be amazing to actually sit down and talk with someone that knows exactly what I am going through! I know my mom and boyfriend try to understand, but in the end they just have that puzzled look on their face :P

Default Re: Emetophobia book!? xD

I would like to read that book :-)
    Did you read it?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I actually own that book! I found that it's not really helpful for helping overcome emetophobia at all. It is, however, a great source to show people who don't understand our fears. It does a great job conveying our feelings to those who have really no clue how rough it can be.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    I would like to read that book :-)
    Did you read it?
    I did read it! And like Asianeko said it doesn't really help you to cope with it persay, but it would be a helpful books to show family members that have trouble understanding what you are going through =)