Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Work

Default Work

Does anyone freak out at work most of the time? I feel like when I'm at work, my anxiety is at its worse. I'm at work right now and I just want to go home. My anxiety is bad right now and just wondering if anyone else experiences this?

Default Re: Work

My anxiety is acutually better when im at work. because it keeps my mind off of it and work is the only place where i feel like a normal human being. when im working its like a vacation from my anxiety. When im off work its back to my horrible life filled with fear and anxiety

Default Re: Work

Absolutely. My anxiety goes haywire at work. I think it doesn't feel like a "safe" place because there are requirements and I have to focus and I have to act presentable and be there 40 hrs a week and if something happens I can't run. I also express my stress thru anxiety and so if work is stressful I start to have emet episodes and panic and decide everyone is sick. It has helped me to speak with my supervisors if I feel comfortable doing so... If not to express my emet details simply to say I struggle with anxiety and occasionally I may need a five minute sensory break of sorts. If I haven't asked for this privilege i try to make the bathroom a break place (although I worry about bacteria then) and anytime I have lunch or break I go sit in my car or take a walk or get some food somewhere. It helps me to clear my head. Call someone I trust. Or get on here.