Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation I don't want it to happen!

I am really scared to go to bed right now.
    So, since yesterday morning (my roommate had a bad cold), my throat has been killing me. I assumed it was the cold starting.
    Today I woke up with the same thing. No better, no worse. But around the last afternoon I noticed I started getting a terrible headache. Still have it.
    I lost my appetite but not drastically, although now I'm nauseous as well :/
    I assumed it was the cold, and I never really heard about the sv* starting with a sore throat.
    Anyway, now I'm sitting here nauseous, shaking, freezing, sore throat, neck hurts, headache. I wanted to sleep it off but now I'm too scared to sleep in fear I'll either wake up in the middle of the night and v, or wake up and feel worse.
    Any ideas what it could be?
    There is a cold going around, but I did see the nurse today and she said I have no fever and I have no stuffy nose, runny nose, sneezing, etc.
    I didn't even sit down in the nurses office because I was too scared to catch anything!
    Do you think I'll be s*? I'm freaking out and I can't go to sleep yet without being positive.
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Default Re: I don't want it to happen!

I think hun that it is just the cold. I know when I have a cold, my stomach will be on the fritz. If you can, have a mint. It will help your stomach and possibly your throat too.

Yeah. I'm attributing it to the headache just making me nauseous.
    I went to the nurse again today because it's still not gone. I still have no fever but they suggested strep and that's what I'm betting it is now :/

Step makes me feel yucky too! And when I get a bigger headache, my stomach does not like me! That has been the norm lately!

My migrains cause nausea all the time.

The sore throat kind of died down, for now. Now it's just my head. My stomach still feels hungry. Just my head is killing so I've been taking a lot of pain killers for it.
    I may have caught the cold on top of that too :/

Both headaches and strep throat can cause nausea. With a cold, post nasal drip and swallowing a lot of mucus can make you nauseas as well. Also, if you are taking pain killers on an empty stomach, that can cause nausea. Don't fight sleep, your body needs it to recover and I really doubt youll wake up having to be sick. Feel better!