Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Pets?

Default Pets?

Quick question - my family's been watching my aunt's overly affectionate dog for a while. Can you get an sv* from a dog, or is it any more likely? Considering that the dog in question licks my face constantly, which scares me a bit... anyone with a pet know? Thanks.

Default Re: Pets?

Hey.. I have a two and a half year labrador. . He has been sick about 10-12 times since having him. . Ive cleared it up and he has licked my face, not just me but all my family and it never made any of us ill.. I cant be a 100% sure, just speaking from experience.

Sam xx.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere once that dogs can't transfer their viruses to humans, I'm not 100% sure though. My dog (who is a little more sickly than the regular dog since she's so tiny) is all over my bed, always in my arms, licking my face and I've never caught anything from her!

My cats often throw up, but they don't lick my face. With Buster, his v* is more liquid than it used to be because he doesn't eat dry food anymore. With Betsy, her v* is mostly hairballs. About dogs licking people's faces after they v*, well it could be worse. On an episode of It's Me Or The Dog, there was this couple Scott and Deena who had five pugs, and all of them had this disgusting habit of eating each other's poop. The dogs were jumping on Victoria Stillwell who said, "What, they all eat poop?" Deena said, "Yes, every single one of them." Victoria said to the dogs, "Don't you be licking me!" She was able to help Scott and Deena train the dogs out of that habit.

Susan

Groomer here! You can't catch a stomach bug from a dog. You can get (and share) pinkeye though, so if either one of you is diagnosed with conjunctivitis play it safe :P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have four dogs and they have never passed anything on to me. And my cat never has either. Tip though- Try to touch a stray animal as little as possible because they can sometimes pass fleas, ring worm etc.

Thanks guys! That's a relief. He did v* once, but I think he just ate something outside he didn't like. I'm glad I can't catch it, though!