Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need encouragement please help!

I dont know if anyone else has this but i sometimes get freaked out by other illnesses if i think it could lead to the virus. my fella has a cold and ive now got a tickly and slightly blocked nose and heavy eyes. i did do a lot of cleaning today and came across a lot of dust so it could just be that settling on my lungs cos thats happened before. i know a cold is not the same but for some reason its set my anxiety off and im scared! Please help!

Default Re: Need encouragement please help!

Well its turned into a sore throat and stuffed sinuses. great. im just frightened IT will happen even though i have no reason to think that! Please help!!

Hi I hope you are feeling better! I am the same way! Any little thing I that doesn't feel right like of I have a headache or sore muscles or sore throat...anything really and I freak out cause I just think that it will somehow make me v* I wish I didn't feel like that every time I got a cold. I'm sure that you are not going to v* and you're going to be okay!

Sometimes when i have cold,i think what if that turns out to be some kind of sv. It never happened to me and i hope it won't. So,i'm sure you'll be ok:-)
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Thanks for your replies. why are we so irrational? I keep goin in and out of anxiety today, im just so scared it will lead to that!