Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling doomed again that it will hit my house and I would rather die...

So, I've posted here a few times over the last few weeks with "the season" upon us...my husband is deployed and I have a toddler and an 8 year old...today is his birthday actually We just got back from a movie Anyway, yesterday afternoon, my sons friends came over...a brother and a sister. The sister v* in the house...she made it to the bathroom and luckily I had no idea she did it until she asked for a drink..and mom had just walked in to pick them up...disaster one avoided (dealing with it alone). Mom assured me she was just dehydrated from the busy morning out in the heat they had and that she had barely drank and ate nothing but chips. My son's other friend was also there and his mom kept my daughter for me tonight so I could take my son to the movies. Michelle is the mom of this girl who got sick. She called my other friend, who had my daughter, to tell her her daughter has pink eye and be aware of symptoms...big deal, she told me that this afternoon as well. What Michelle failed to inform me of, is that her daughter continued to have episodes all night long and she was sure it was a sv*. My girlfriend told me this as I was picking my daughter up. I flipped! I am thankful, I have been on medication for awhile and my anxiety hasn't reached panic mode in awhile, however, I am beyond horrified at the thought of once again losing sleep over the possibility it may sweep through my house. I used the toilet right after the v* episode happened in my house...I had no idea she had v*...there was no scent of it. My kids have not showed signs as of yet. It's been over 24 hours since the episode at my house occured. Can someone please help me rationalize this? My emet brain wants me to run away and hide but I can't do that because my husband is gone. What are the chances this is going to hit in the next 24 hours? What are the chances it will hit at all? And someone please reassure me we are not all going to die if it does hit. My emet is so horrible. When there's a possibility of it going through my house, I feel like it's the apocalypse and the world is over...I'm glad I'm not losing it, but I sure could use some company in any thoughts you all may have to offer. Thanks

Default Re: Feeling doomed again that it will hit my house and I would rather die...

Hiya, im sorry your feeling like this. I feel the same sometimes and i always say id rather die. its difficult for me to work out how long ago u wrote this as im in england and the times on this forum are incorrect for me. how long has it been since she stayed at yours? First of all it still may not be a virus, it could be something else, kids get poorly a lot when they are so young. As long as you washed your hands after using that tiolet, you should be safe. it passes over within 48 hours usually. even if you didnt wash your hands, even if u came into direct contact with the germs, your body can sometimes still fight it off.

Think about what you would say to me if i had written what you have wrote, how would u help me? Even if u did catch it, it WONT be the end of your world, you will get through it and it is only two days maximum out of your life. your gonna be ok xx