Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Really panicking, help me please?!

So yesterday my dad cooked some garlic pork chops for tea, he said he grilled them for about 40 minutes, but when I was eating it it looked a bit pink in some parts inside, but i still ate it because i was starving but now im having d* and stomach cramps and i feel really sick, but im panicking, help me please

Default Re: Really panicking, help me please?!

Are you okay? I do that too. Do you have IBS?
    I think it's just your body digesting it . I don't think you will v** or anything because you already would have. It could be the spices make u cramp and etc. How do you feel now?

I do hope you feel better. I'm not really sure of the pork chops. I read some of your past posts. Are your kids ok. Are you out of the incubation time? I freak out too I have 3 boys. And it's hard because you can't monitor the little ones as much as the older ones. I hope you feel better soon.

Unless they're jumbo pork chops then 40 minutes sounds a long time under the grill, so they should have been well cooked through, like chicken, pork can be a pinky colour even when cooked, it is best to go more by texture i.e does it have that "shiny" look of raw meat or is it opaque? Does it come away from the bone easily? And are the juices pink, rather than the actual meat itself. I think any tummy disturbance you have now is coincidental and is possibly a result of getting worked up over the chops. Garlic is supposed to have antibacterial properties i believe so i always like to think food with garlic on is a tad safer!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm sure you will be fine. It could be anxiety causing you to feel ill. Sometimes when i eat something i'm worried about (usually BBQ food) i convince myself it wasn't cooked and make myself feel really unwell. sometimes meat can still be a bit pink even when cooked, as long as it wasn't bloody it will have been fine.

Undercooked pork has the possibility of giving trichinosis, but this is rare nowadays. Even if pork is slightly undercooked it should be fine and I agree with a previous post that 40 minutes is plenty of time. Pork can still have pink parts when fully cooked, especially close to the bone or if it's the dark meat. It's most likely anxiety and you should be fine. If you ate too fast it could cause your symptoms, too, due to gas and indigestion.