Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Feeling ill after starting penicillin?

My dentist prescribed me some penicillin today because of some pain I've been having in my tooth... he fixed my filling in my cavity and then gave me some to try for seven days incase I have an infection or something. Now, I only took my first pill at 4, and it's only hit me now. Earlier though, before I even took the pill, I felt off. I was sittin gin math class and I had a bad stomach ache, not as low as usual, but no d* or anything, but just now my stomach began to hurt and I felt nauseous again and had d*. I'm a little shaken to be honest because it's so out of the ordinary, although I'm not convinced it's a stomach flu I can never be sure since I haven't had one in eleven years. I'm just chewing on ginger chews right now.

Sorry if I sound really weird right now. Really just trying to vent, lol. I'm sure it's nothing, but I'm a little nervous to take my next pill in fifteen minutes. Kind of sucks because I've been doing so well with emet but now I have a little voice in the back of my head saying, "What if this is it?". Stomach flues scare me more than just simply being sick from something I ate... agh.. okay, distracting myself with American Horror Story now, I love that show!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Default Re: Feeling ill after starting penicillin?

I was give straight penicillin for the exact same reason from my dentist. I took it a few times and it made me so nauseos and gave me the runs that I stopped taking it, called him, and he prescribed me something else. It is definately the meds.

Yeah I'm still feeling really crappy today, if this doesn't stop by tomorrow then I'm going to call them back. I had to come home from school today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I can't have penicillin because I have an allergy for it. But, with any anti-biotics, I tend to feel icky during the course of treatment, never v* from it but I would stay home for the time and just let them do their job. One time I had strep throat, they gave me a heavy duty anti-biotic and some Reglan I believe. I still didn't take it and my strep went away by itself. Weird.

It's normal for you to feel crappy on it. I would suggest asking your doctor for an anti-emetic and tell him if you don't get one, you won't be taking them. You could lie and say they been making you v*. Haha, I probably would. But, if you can just stick it out, you will feel better in no time.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~