Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: feeling down

Unhappy feeling down

so i have been feeling really down lately and i cant find anything that actually can make me feel better.
    i am staying home all day and i am lacking energy. i want to go out but i feel anxious about it every time. i have been developing symptoms of agoraphobia lately and i feel like i am going to lose my boyfriend because i am not being able to see him (because of my anxiety)
    please help.

Default Re: feeling down

i'm sorry:-S
    I think you should see a therapist.
    Do you have a job?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

No actually i don't work. I have never been able to.

Sorry you're feeling so bad right now, have you talked to your boyfriend about how you're feeling? It might help if he knows about your anxiety so he can give you the support you need. What about your family and friends do they know how you're feeling? I would suggest you maybe look into getting some therapy of some sort. CBT is quite good, I had it a few years ago when I panicked everytime I left the house, and CBT helped me get over those feelings a lot.
    I hope you feel better soon, I understand how you feel and it's rotten isn't it If you want to talk just message me. X

Thank you so much hannahb92 for your support
    i have talked to my boyfriend about this and he is really supportive but i'm afraid of how much he's gonna stay around. however my parents have no idea about this and i would rather not say a word.
    i have considered starting CBT. I'll be more than happy to chat thank you so much again