Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Flu Panic...

Unhappy Flu Panic...

So I came down with a cold last night, and I thought nothing of it because everyone has the typical 'back to school end of summer' type cold at the moment anyway. I came home from school today and was really hungry so ate lunch. Then I started to feel like I had a temperature so I asked my Dad and he said 'Oh, maybe you're a bit fluey, you are quite warm'. So Basically now I'm panicking that I'm going to get sick from it. I don't feel nauseous at the moment and I feel like I could eat something, I just feel exhausted because the stuffy nose kept me up last night.

Basically, can the flu/a bad cold cause throwing up? I'm terrified if it does...
    And also, does anyone have any tips on feeling better quickly? I don't really want this to ruin my weekend
    Thanks x

Default Re: Flu Panic...

I highly doubt you'll v* from a cold, especially if you've been feeling well enough to eat. As for feeling better quickly, I think you have to let a cold run it's course. Drink lots of water and rest as much as possible, take some mild painkillers to avoid a headache and feeling achy. Keep eating, little and often. I know it's gross but try not to swallow too much phlegm (spit it out if you can, ew I know) but I've heard that if anything will make you n* it's the extra mucus that you swallow (not 100% sure on that).

Hope you feel better soon

I have a cold right now (38.1C) sometimes i'm afraid that i will be n and v during the cold,but it never happend to me. So, you'll be ok!:-)
    If you are hungry,eat!
    Drink tea,vitamins,etc. I'm ill since yesterday and i also hope this won't ruin my weekend,but as it seems now,it will.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

When I get a cold I don't get sick, so don't worry! Just try to relax because then your cold will get better much more quickly (: you won't be sick!

No you wont v* from it. I had a TERRIBLE flu a few months ago. I had a fever up to 101.7 and higher sometimes. My body hurt, couldn't move at all, my head pounded, no appetite but it was NOT N*. I just didn't feel like eating. It lasted a whole week. Lets hope it's just a bad cold because the flu is no fun! But, it won't make you v*. It was also the first time I ever had a flu.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

The upper respitory virus thats going around does cause upset stomach but no v from what ive seen. My wife and i had it over the summer and both my kids have it currently. Just makes you feel overall crappy. I wouldnt worry.

Thanks so much for all the replies everyone, It's the morning now and last night after I posted the thread I slept for about an hour and woke up feeling much better, was able to eat dinner with my family and relaxed for the rest of the evening. I think it probably is just a bad cold because I only had cold symptoms last night and now I feel well enough to go out today!

Thanks so much for all your support guys x

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    The upper respitory virus thats going around does cause upset stomach but no v from what ive seen. My wife and i had it over the summer and both my kids have it currently. Just makes you feel overall crappy. I wouldnt worry.
    I don't think the upper respiratory virus going around "causes" stomach upset. I think it just depends on the person. Some people have no appetite and feel sick to their stomach whenever they are sick with anything. Hope your kids recover fast...poor things.