Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Exposed to virus, panicking :(

Hey, first time posting here really.. I just joined, but already I'm posting cause of a panic (sorry). Thing is, I have always been deathly scared of vomiting since I was a kid, and I am extremely careful about not being around sick people and washing my hands and everything... BUT, I had to take the bus to go home tonight (intercity, so it was a two hour trip) and one of the passengers was sick. I think he made it to the washroom before throwing up, but he was sick several times. He seemed just fine when he got on, chatting with a friend and everything! Since it was so sudden I'm pretty sure it's noro :S he did say he had trouble with his pancreas, but I don't think that would make him go from fine to being sick several times. Now I'm worried that I'll catch it!! A bus is a pretty small place and the air is all recycled so if there was an aerosol when he was sick and the droplets got sucked in the air system, it must have been all over the bus!! I'm certain that I am doomed to be sick within the next 72 hours and I'm just having a complete breakdown..

Default Re: Exposed to virus, panicking :(

You were on a bus? Could he have had motion sickness? I don't know much about pancreas, but I do know that when you have trouble with your kidneys you tend to feel absolutely fine and then all of a sudden feel sick.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Yeah? That's good to know, so maybe pancreatic problems are something like that.. I tried to find info but I couldn't find anything that would link it to being suddenly severely ill, and there's been a sv going around at university (so I've been on constant low-level panic for the past week, there was v on the floor at school this week and on the sidewalk, and to walk next to it, and I was sure I would get sick... had finally gone through the 72 hour wait period and now this, so I kinda freaked at my bad luck). I doubt it's motion sickness, from experience it isn't that sudden and intense. It's reassuring to know there's a slight chance it's not noro though. :S I'm just really panicked cause I don't really have any anti-emetics and I can't get a prescription until probably next monday so I'm afraid that if I was exposed, it'll be too late by then.

I don't know much about pancreas either,but spilled milk is right,problems with kidneys can cause v*. One of my classmates was sick for a few days,went to hospital and they suspect it's sth with kidneys.
    So,i really hope it's not sv*, i know you're scared.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

i have a friend that has pancreatitis......he definitely can get sick really fast.......so this very well could be that guy''s problem......try not to worry
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Okay, that's really good to know! So it's a real possibility it wasn't a sv and just his pancreas acting up. That's reassuring Thanks so much for the support, I appreciate it!

My best friend has pancreatitis. Her attacks hit her suddenly and violently. I mean one moment she's fine, the next we're calling 911.

:S That's a terrible condition to have! I can't even imagine having to deal with severe sickness like that, out of the blue.. I suppose that really was the cause of his sickness then o_o I don't have any symptoms yet, and it's been over 48h so I guess it wasn't a sv after all (I hope) ! I feel bad for those who have this problem though, seems like a really rough thing to deal with! Thanks for the info, it really helped me to calm down a bit.. It's silly but I really needed to hear that the symptoms fit something else that wasn't contagious. You're great