Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down Too afraid of throwing up, can't leave the bathroom!

The title says anything, doesn't it?
    I have GAD, so it's part of the problem. I only left the bathroom to eat my dinner and get my medication, but I have to come back here. I still fear throwing up, but at least being here won't make my mom clean the floor if such a tragedy happens.

Tell me, friends, how can I feel better? I can't sleep here, even if I want to.

PS: How can I stop receiving this site emails every time someone writes something?
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Too afraid of throwing up, can't leave the bathroom!

Are you feeling better now? I suggest taking slow breaths, drinking a little water, and then getting some fresh air... I hope you're okay!

Think about it. If you felt well enough to go and have dinner, I doubt that you'll v*. (I know that sounds mean. I'm not trying to offend you, just your anxiety!)

Can you talk to your mom about it? Get her to honestly answer if she would mind cleaning it up. That could relieve some of the anxiety. Maybe have a bucket in your room. It's not a good habit to get into, but it's better than sitting in the bathroom all day. And I agree with the above post, try and get some fresh air and a change of scenery. Gradually make your way from the bathroom if you find it difficult. Or leave it for a short while at a time.

I hope you feel better soon

Are you in the bathroom EVERY DAY? And if so, your parents havent wondered if something is wrong?? Also, did your mom tell you something that makes you afraid of her having to clean up vomit on the floor? Ifso, that is horrible. We all hate puke here, but Ive cleaned up after my kids and NEVER made them feel bad about it. Its only happened a few times, and they kept apologizing, and I told them there was no reason to be sorry. Also Generally we don't spontaneously vomit, so there is time to get to the bathroom or a sink, or a bucket. You don't need to react unless you are feeling ill.

FearNoStorm: I'm better now, my father managed to make me go to my room (It was one am, but he did it!).

daughter189: I know, I know. But, there was always a change, right? I was really panicking.

twinmom73: From 1 pm to 1 am. Twelve hours in the bathroom, wow. Yes, of course they did. They asked me "Are you alright?" and I answered "No, I'm definitly not right" then they left me alone. No, my mother didn't say anything, but she fears vomit too. Not enough to be emet, but she does. But I imagine, it must be awful, having someone to clean your mess. As a mother, do you mind about cleaning up? A lot?

Thanks for you help, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bellini View Post
    FearNoStorm: I'm better now, my father managed to make me go to my room (It was one am, but he did it!).

daughter189: I know, I know. But, there was always a change, right? I was really panicking.

twinmom73: From 1 pm to 1 am. Twelve hours in the bathroom, wow. Yes, of course they did. They asked me "Are you alright?" and I answered "No, I'm definitly not right" then they left me alone. No, my mother didn't say anything, but she fears vomit too. Not enough to be emet, but she does. But I imagine, it must be awful, having someone to clean your mess. As a mother, do you mind about cleaning up? A lot?

Thanks for you help, guys!
    Ana, Its not like I "enjoy" cleaning up vomit, but if my kids are sick, so be it, I do it. Just like I don't "enjoy" changing diapers. If I have to clean up, I don't hold it against them, and I don't think your mother would either.

P.S. The only time I mind cleaning up is when my kids leave their clothes or toys all over the place. Then I make them do it because they are old enouh to pick up after themselves.

Thank you!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.