Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Am I ill or am I just worrying too much, help!

Ahhh, I'm so worried! Firstly, I'm a vegetarian, I've not ate meat in years and today we ordered a chinese takeaway and my mum got chicken curry for her and my stepdad and just curry sauce for me, but I'm positive I found a bit of chicken in my curry sauce! It could have been egg, because we had egg fried rice but I'm positive it was chicken, although I never checked, I threw it away because I panicked. My mum sad she definitely ordered me seperate curry sauce, so I'm so paranoid incase a random bit of uncooked chicken fell in my sauce. This sounds so silly I know, but I've not ate meat in years because I'm so terrified it will make me sick! Secondly, my mum has the flu, she's had it for a few days and I've been looking after her, and I've just started feeling off, my throat hurts a bit, I have a bit of a temperature and I'm stuffy. I'm not overly n* just now but I can kinda feel it coming on! I don't know if it's anxiety or what, I'm totally panicking!

Default Re: Am I ill or am I just worrying too much, help!

First off, Try to not worry about the meat. If u did eat it, it was only a tiny bit...Ur dad ate a whole bunch & he's fine. Second, you are probably just worrying yourself to feeling sick. I have been the same way for two days now. No particular reason.. except i have school aged kids & have been super stressing over whether theyre going to bring something home with them from schoolm causing me an illness. But i know im okay =) and u are ok too... remember tht anxiety will MAKE u feel like crap. Just breathe & try to think of something else. One more thng tht might help....If u were to get sick (from the food earlier), it would've already happened. You are alright, ma'am! And kuddos for taking care of your mom

Yeah I ate the meat about 7 hours ago, and I feel fine I think, and both my parents seem to be ok I know how you feel, I left school a few months ago, but I was terrified of going to school incase I caught anything, it was horrible! Thanks for your reply, I feel a bit better after reading it, I still think I have a cold or flu from my mum though, my nose is runny and my throats sore and I keep coughing I can live with that though!

Try to relax, it's very unlikely that the chicken would cause any problem at all! Actually I've never ever gotten sick from chinese food, I even eat it when I'm feeling off and it makes me feel better. But stress over uncooked chicken has put me in the same state of anxiety before and even though the food was just fine, I felt terribly sick just because of the stress (feeling sick right now because of that, actually, and even though I know it's the stress I can't stop it). If your parents are feeling fine, there's nothing to worry about. For your cold, it's unlikely it will make you feel n*, but if it does it's not too dangerous because it won't make you really sick like a sv*. If you do feel badly because of the cold, try to eat candied ginger or ginger-lemon tea with honey. It will soothe your stomach and help with the stuffy nose and sore throat too!

You're welcome & I am in the same boat with u on that... I swear I have had this cold for going on 2 months now.. The cough is terrible. I live on day quil (which is soooo gross!!), it helps alot. Get some cough drops and feel better soon!

It's now been over 24 hours and I'm fine, so I guess the chicken was alright, I was just panicking over nothing! Yeah, I woke up today feeling so awful with the cold, feel terrible right now, my bones are achy, my throat hurts and I keep coughing, so I'm worried incase I get sick, even though I know it's unlikely to get sick from a cold!

Same here =/ The cough i have is ridiculous ..i cough up stuff but it automatically goes back down before i can spit it out. and i swear its making my stomach crazy! but hey if ur ok to try dayquil, it really helps! it is freakn disgusting in the taste lol but it works wonders for me

Btw NO ur not gonna "V" from the cold