Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy I just need some support :( Please read!

Okay, here goes..

So just over a month ago i suffered a bad panic attack, since then my life has been completely ruined. I have felt sick everyday, i've been to the doctor a few times and now he finally thinks i may have IBS. I had a good week last week, i managed to start collage and i began to feel happy again. But then last friday i had another panic attack and it has just got out of control. I missed two days of college and only went in today because i was forced. I am now constantly terrified that i will catch a virus and analysis every thing i've done during the day. I also feel so lonley, my parents and boyfriend are really supportive but they just don't understand, which isn't their fault. I keep getting told to try and 'fight it' but nobody realises how hard that is and i can feel myself beginning to annoy everybody . Now i wake up everyday and don't want to get up. I also self harmed the other day which i am so embarrassed of but i just didn't know what else to do! It's about a month until i start therapy but i don't know if i can deal with this any longer, i just don't know what to do anymore

Default Re: I just need some support :( Please read!

sorry you're having a rough time right now. but just know that you are not alone and we totally understand. try and remind yourself of all the times you've gone and done things and nothing made you sick. remember that keeping good hygiene will keep the sv away.....

try and find some good distraction coping methods for being in class.......once you get your mind centered on something else the anxiety will lessen. i'm not sure that i'm a self harmer....but i do find that pinching myself when my anxiety is out of control helps me get through it......people have suggested putting a rubber band around your wrist and snapping it......

push yourself .....you've done this before...you can do it again
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh Jessie, we are here to help you! I suffer from GAD since May and we are on the same board - my parents don't understand me, my brother probably thinks I'm crazy and my friends threat me like if I was made of glass.

I realize how hard it is, you are free to PM me every time you want or add me on facebook. I'm young, very young, but I've been through a lot with Emet and GAD.

Ok, let me try to help you.

Feeling sick every day may be just anxiety. Are you going to a therapist? Mine really helps me and I think it would be good if you had one. And congratulations, you went to college, that's great! When I had a huge panic attack (converside crisis, etc) I stayed one month away from school + vacations. Never think that your life is ruined, ok? You'll fight back and you'll win. You may need medication, you may need help, but you'll win.

We emets fear catching a virus every day, I know it doesn't help but fearing something won't make us strong against it. Just avoid being near to sick people, don't drink from other people's cup, wash your hands and you'll be fine. Ya know, just the usual.

I'll repeat it Jessie, you are not alone. We all are fighting against our monsters, and we can help each other. Oh dear, I feel the same, but we get up, don't we? That's the point. We are getting up, everyday. I used to hurt myself when I was angry, but then I learnt it doesn't make any better. Last Saturday I was feeling so bad, but so bad, that I went to the bathroom looking for my nail plier but somehow, it wasn't there. I like to believe that was God showing me that I shouldn't do that. When you feel like you want to hurt yourself, come here. Again, send me a PM if you want, I can't enter in afternoons (school) but I'll answer as soon as possible.

Oh, so you are going to start therapy. Good. One month? While November doesn't come, we can try to help you. My first therapist wasn't working and I used to come here almost everyday seeking for help. Now it's my time to help.

Keep strong, Jessie, and try to get distracted. Tv shows are great, because you'll pay attention at them. Choose one you like and watch. Read books, write something, listen to music, but keep yourself busy. That will help you.

I hope you feel better after reading this. Good luck.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you both for your replies, it really means alot to know there is people out there who know what i'm going through! The good news is i've been able to get my therapy moved forward to next monday! So that's something to feel positive about Ana if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Just because i rarely find anbody my age with this problem!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain"

I'm only fourteen, sorry. There are a few people here around your age, but I can always try to help - and you can always say no.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.