Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I'm losing sleep because of this!

Sorry for posting so much, I don't usually post as often on here, but recently my emetophobia has been playing up quite bad, especially at night. Atleast once a week, I'm up all night, thinking I'm going to V*! Last week I stayed up till 10am, but I only had an hour or so of sleep because I had to get up and go out. It's been bad tonight again, its now just after 8am and I've only had an hours sleep because my stomach feels a bit upset so I'm panicking! I never fell asleep till after 4 this morning because I was out, (not drinking though) then my dads alarm went off for work at 5am and I woke up feeling dizzy and n* and since then I've been tossing and turning! Does anyone else have this problem? It's making me feel terrible and so moody It's driving me crazy!

Default Re: I'm losing sleep because of this!

Sorry you feel this way...when you are up worrying are you just staring at the ceiling in the dark, or are you distracting your mind doing something. I believe that would make a world of difference.

You shouldn't have to feel this way and I think part of the reason you are feeling nauseous is because you are running on not much sleep.

I know how you feel girl. I do this. I will take my spells and stay up all night feeling sick and feeling as if i'm going to v**. I try to just get on the net and get my mind off of it, or maybe play some games or do anything to get my mind off of it. i know how you feel girl! it's rough. we're going to be strong together

I agree with Erica1649 that you're probably feeling dizzy and nauseous because you haven't been sleeping, especially if you've woken up after only an hour of sleep. Your body would be trying to relax into REM sleep, so you'd be disoriented when you woke up. This happens to me whenever I nap, which is why I tend not to do that. Have you tried valerian to help you relax or sleep? I've used it for relaxation and it's helped. I hope you get some relief soon, I hate trying to sleep only to wake up every 20-30 minutes feeling like I'm going to v***. I never have enough sense to just get up and distract myself. I just toss and turn all night and wake up feeling like sh!t.

I'm kinda the same way. I tell myself to stay awake until at least 2 am every nigh because I'm scared to go to bed and wake up panicking for no reason. I don't know why 2 am but it seems like if I was going to get sick it would be before then? It sucks because I am always tired and literally have to force myself to go to bed. Distractions help!

I have been feeling the same way lately! It's driving me crazy. I'll feel perfectly fine during the day but as soon as its time to go to bed I start panicking and I just can't go to sleep cause I start to feel n* and I'm scared to fall asleep and wake up and feel like I'm going to v* but I think we are making ourselves feel worse by not sleeping. The one day when I only got 2 hours of sleep I feel so sick that day and these past two days I've had really bad headaches. I know how irrational this is but I just can't seem to calm myself down. I hate this so much

I know exactly how you feel. The N* could be anxiety which is making you more anxious! It's like a terrible cycle! Try some deep breathing maybe or muscle relaxation or even counting sheep lol.

Ashley26, I'm the exact same, I've had a terrible headache all day and just feel so crappy and I know it's because of lack of sleep but I still can't sleep ahhh!
    And I also always stay up past 2am, I always feel like I can sleep after then! I genuinely cannot remember the last time I went to sleep before 2am.
    It's the middle of the night just now and I'm up again feeling awful, but I've not felt right all day. I know distractions help, I always watch the same tv program when I feel n* or I play the nintendo ds game Animal Crossing ahaha. I try to distract myself as much as possible but it doesn't always help tbh, it's always in the back of my mind! Thanks for the replies!