Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default up late and feeling unwell

hey all thanks for reading, im up at 4:42 in the morning for the 3rd night in a row because i keep waking up with the worst pain in my stomach. i have been fine all day, i go to college and i felt fine when i was there, i went on a big long drive in my friends car and also felt fine there, and even felt fine going to bed, but i wake up in the middle of the night feeling like im going to v*. it's the worst, and it usually affects me worse at night, any ideas on how to ignore the pain and wait for it to go away?

Default Re: up late and feeling unwell

The pain could just be from the general stresses in your everyday life... The feeling of the V* could possibly be due to the same thing. If ur pains feel like something that could be worked out, maybe u could exercise, take a bath, stretch...etc.. see what helps you. The feeling s*** could be taken care of with some pepto maybe, tums, a couple of crackers

thank you, ive been drinking some water as my friend told me that it helps her whenever she feels sick, i'll try and have a few crackers and see if that helps, thanks!

no problem =) usually anything caffeine free. especially Sprite will do the trick!
    if all else fails, put a tight rubberband around ur wrist. thats supposed to work wonders!

really? a tight rubberband to stop me from feeling unwell? and yess that works haha i love sprite

The rubber band is better with a couple of hard beads in strategic spots. This is a commercial product called Sea Bands that uses accupressure. Some people swear by it, but I've never tried them. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ohhh i see, thanks

I may be wrong, but I suspect this is your mind doing it to you.. I had this for a solid month and a half the first year I was married (life was extremely stressful thanks to the military) and I would be fine all day long, and then be up until 4-5am with CRAZY bloating, I'm talking looking pregnant, and would have indigestion, and the bloating was extremely painful.. I was terrified that something bad was happening. I ended up going to Florida to meet up with my family on vacation (they live in Canada, me in the USA) and talked it all out with my mom.. about halfway through the trip it somehow sunk in that it was stress, and that I was literally doing this to myself. Been fine ever since. But it really amazed me that my mind is SO powerful, that I had that like clockwork every night until around 4am. I had to really process that it was stress and my mind, and find ways to relax (which Florida was great for that) and then after that first night, when it'd threaten.. I'd remind myself that it's literally all in my head.

Not sure if you had time for this, but yoga is GREAT for helping your body relax.. That and deep breathing, as silly as it sounds.. I would do that when my IBS would threaten from anxiety and it helps 80% of the time. Hoping you feel better!