I have been terrifed of v* ever since I can remember, however, not quite that scared. I have whole seasons where I am not scared at all. Not flu season, but in the summer I am pretty good. Don't be discouraged because there are older people who still have this issue. Maybe many of them are just very embarrassed to even talk about their fear for many years. When I was a teen there was no internet, so if a person was too embarrassed to even admit they had a phobia to their own parents, there was no where to go and no one talk to. There are a lot more resources available now than there were back in the 80s when I was a teenager.

Although, I cannot say I have in any way tackled this particular fear, I was very, very afraid of heights when I was small. Even climbing the stairs to my room was terrifying. I wanted desperately not to be so frightened and maybe go to the second floor of a building with my friends. I developed a strong desire not to be afraid of heights. I forced myself into situations where I was very uncomfortable until I was not so afraid. Although, I am not planning on going skydiving, I can go wherever I want and do the things I want to do without freezing up and hyperventillating because I may have to climb an open staircase. I still get a twinge of fear every now and then, but it's nothing like it was before.

Perhaps if I had attacked this fear with the determination and buring desire to change, I could have conquered this one, too, but I was ashamed and embarrassed. People won't hate you if they see you v*, they may be grossed out or scared, too. But for the most part, if they are kind hearted people, they will be concerned for you and sorry you are feeling bad.