Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Nervous

Default Nervous

I finally gave in and decided to start taking my Zoloft again. Well, I should clarify that it's actually sertraline, the generic form of Zoloft. I took my very first dose tonight after dinner which was about an hour ago. I took 50mg which is what I was on last time. I think that was a mistake because that's a very high dose for just starting. Last time I took Zoloft, I started with 25mg and it made me feel so sick to my stomach for days. Needless to say, I am freaking out. I go back to work tomorrow. I'm tired of feeling sick and anxious and depressed I shouldn't have taken such a high dose! Help
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: Nervous

That happened to me a few weeks ago with Celexa, and I'm not going to lie, I really didn't feel great. HOWEVER, it didn't make me v*, and it won't make you v* either. If you get side effects (which you won't necessarily get), you'll probably just feel kind of crappy overnight. My symptoms didn't last longer than a day or so. Try and stay calm, you will be ok and in the long run it is a good thing to be on the zoloft! Don't beat yourself up for starting on a higher dose, it was a mistake and you will be fine.
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Default Re: Nervous

Glad you've gone back to this - it's far from the ideal and I really hope you haven't overdosed for the first time. Sounds like the side effects may be there for some days but if you bear with them you should feel better soonish? Put it down to experience and build... you shouldn't have to feel so bad so often.