Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK the more I read posts here the more I'm beginning to think that looking at this with some sort of humor seems to be the way to go... so I wanna hear your stories! (forgive me if this hs already been done...)

I was taking pathology in university and we got to go to the animal morgue to look at interesting cases. I always picked the front row (cuz I love pathology).

You have to imagine, the rows are seperated by railings, sort of the way you would picture in a hockey arena or something.

Anyway, the teacher brought out something rather ripe that day and to my alarm, I noticed people across from me starting to react. I thought the girl behind me was about to hurl, or in the process of doing so and I snapped.

Somehow, (don't know exactly how I managed it), I leapt onto the railing, scooted across it like some tightrope walker and flew off the edge. It was only after I landed that I found out the girl had fainted. And I was standing there looking like a real fool!

Tara

Oh yeah I think I started one of these a while ago, but it died... Hurrah from the reincarnation of posts! Ok so I have a story...

It was today actually, we're having an exam week (actually I have two weeks of exams cos I'm in year 10) and the years 7, 8 and 9 were having exams in the sports hall and year 10 were on this big balcony thing above it. And one of the girls in the sports hall v*ed because she was nervous, I didn't immediately know that was what it was, but paranoid that I am, I assumed it was. So I was trying to get as far away from the edge as I could and somehow stop myself hearing in case something appenedagin (damn the echos)so I was trying to edge my chair away without it looking like I was cheating and kind of humming tunelesslyunder my breath. I couldn't actually cover my ears because I needed to write, but everyone was looking at me like I was insane. And the teacher told me off because of the whole exam conditions thing.

those were some entertaining stories! i love when we can find humor in our situation.

right now the only thing i can really think of is when i am watching tv or a movie with someone and for no reason at all (i just feel like one of those moments may be coming up) i plug my ears, look away and start humming jingle bells or some quirkytune. the person with me will look over like..."okay.. what's going on??" depending on who i'm with it can get pretty embarrasing. most of the time i had nothing at all to worry about, the kid just sneezed or something.

\"This too shall pass\"