Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default no nausea with 25mgs?

I haven't had nausea with 25mgs of zoloft. I have been taking it for 8 days....if I up the dose (I'm suppose to be at 100mg by now) will it cause nausea or have the potential to? The only side effect I've had from it is really bad headaches but ive already noticed a bit of difference in my demeanor.
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

Default Re: no nausea with 25mgs?

100 mg. might be a little much to be honest. I would definitely start out smaller. It's great you have no nausea.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

glad that it is helping you already......can you just up it 25mg for a few days and then again up it again the next week? it really shouldn't give you any side effects since you already have it in your system
    how i feel about emet

Talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Did you feel drowsy or spaced out the first day you took it? If the low dose is helping a little maybe an increased dose will be more effective. Most people are on atleast 50mg. Nausea is possible, but I work in a pharmacy (my dads a pharmacist) and have never heard of someone getting nauseous on it. If you have no nausea at 25 you will probably be ok at 50. Maybe you should check with your doctor, as headaches can be a common side effect. But I don't know for sure because I'm not a doctor or anything.

What changes have you noticed? I'm starting Zoloft 25mg on Saturday and I'm finding it very encourging that it is helping you and you aren't nauseous on it.

The changes I've noticed have been really subtle,which is why I want to up the dosage. But the other day I went to the grocery store and for the first time in YEARS I didn't have to take a single deep breath to calm anxiety and I didn't. Panic while standing in line or obsess that I would throw up while going through the store! It was amazing and I was so proud of myself! Yesterday I had a little more anxiety so, I decided to up the dose today to 50mgs. I have also been doing neurofeedback for the last month,twice a week and inducing neurogenic tremors for trauma release. All together, I really don't know if it is just the zoloft or if it is everything I'm doing...but I feel better than I have in a while. The 1 thin I have really noticed is the "spikes" of anxiety I have been having have nearly vanished but I still pay attention to my stomach and throat a lot...usually when I'm not doing anything to keep me busy! I'm really hoping this is it..the answers to my prayers...
    Thanks everyone for your replies!
    "It is the child that sees the primordial secret in nature and it is the child of ourselves we return to. The child with-in us is simple and daring enough to live the secret."

I'm so glad to hear that it's helping you! I'd say up the dose slowly..no jumping straight from 25 to 100 and be sure to consult with your doctor about it.