Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Back to work... poor immune system?

Hi everyone, sorry to post again but needed some advice.

I'm due back to work on the 18th Oct after being off for about 3 months as my anxiety and depression got the better of me. I don't know if I will be going back but that is my 'target' date.

I got a text off of a good friend today who told me there's loads going around at work, including sv*. I'm really worried as she said loads of people have it, and I trust her completely, so know she's not exaggerating or anything./

My worry is is that I will go back and as I've been in a bit of a bubble I suppose, everything will hit me. I don't know if it's worth taking probiotics or vitamins as I'm not sure how much good they do in prevention.

Please help, this is just making me want to stay off longer...

Default Re: Back to work... poor immune system?

By the 18th whatever is going around should have run its course so please try not to worry so much about it. Easier said than done, I know. Get plenty of sleep and eat a healthy well-balanced diet because that's your best defense against any illness. A good multivitamin supplement is a good idea too. Other than that, the usual wash your hands at the appropriate times and keep them away from your face. To reduce your overall anxiety, because stress lowers your immune system, do some relaxation exercises every day - maybe when you wake up and when you go to bed. And try to keep in mind that even though something is going around, doesn't mean you're for sure going to get it. And probably the most important thing, even if you do get something, you'll get through it and it won't last long and before you know it you'll be fine, and even though you feel you won't be able to handle it, you will, you'll get through it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.