Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emet and hypoglycemia

I'm hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and it makes everything so much harder. It used to be that when i was scared, I just wouldn't eat then wait til I was hungry and that would make me feel better. Now I HAVE to eat to avoid passing out to keep my blood sugar up and its so hard because when my sugar gets low I feel extremely nauseous and I have to force myself to eat an entire meal most of the time to feel Better. It's stressful and scary. I was just wondering if anyone else understands or has this problem?

Default Re: Emet and hypoglycemia

I completely understand this. I have the same problem. I have learned my body very well..And noticed that I cant go any longer than three hrs without eating something, or else I will get very shaky and crazy feeling.. So...I eat alot of little meals throughout the day and it helps keep me right!

I have the same problem. It often makes me feel like I have a sv*. The n* is so bad and the shakiness and the dizziness. This happens when I go as little at 5 or 6 hours without eating. I always need sugar. I eat a lot of chocolate and drink a lot of tea. I get this problem from my father.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I used tone able to fast for days, with maybe eating a piece of bread. Not for the last 2 years or so, I'll get shakey, not usually nausea but feel like I'm going to pass out. Now that I'm prego it's even worse. I kinda just graze now lol... eating little bits often.
    ON THE DARKEST SIDE OF THE SUN

Yep, I have hypoglycemia as well. If I don't eat regularly I get very shaky and can get very nauseous. I try to just eat in regular intervals to prevent it from happening. As someone else said, eat small meals throughout the day, and make sure you always have something available to snack on (some peanuts or something like that). Get a good balance of protein and carb also (healthy carbs like whole grains and such).

Thank you everyone

I have this problem! I have to eat otherwise I feel shakey and dizzy yet eating makes me panic about fp etc! Nightmare

Hypoglycemia and I go back a bit, actually it was not two weekends ago that I fell over due to being so weak from it (and of course from not eating like I should have - genuine strain of idiot here!), and this was at a party! That irritating gangnam style song was playing while red frogs were being shoved into my mouth!

It's probably a common ailment among emets. I believe that's why it's said, it is better to eat 6 smaller meals a day as opposed to three big ones. That way you're not filling up to fast and run the risk of feeling full or sick. And you also combat hypoglycemia.
    Life is so worth living.

The hypoglycemia hits me hard in the morning and unless I get something in my stomach I feel horrible! I carry glucose tablets with me at all times, in the morning if I'm feeling really bleh I usually eat one before actually getting out of bed and it keeps me until I can cook myself some breakfast or at least eat some cereal. I had gallbladder surgery a few years ago, and since then food doesn't seem to stick to my ribs as long. I have to eat about every 2 hours or I get so sick, I try to eat lots of fruits and veggies and when it hits me hard and I need something in my stomach to hold me I usually go for a sandwich, soup and crackers or cereal.