Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now Lady Ga Ga

Default Re: Now Lady Ga Ga

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    These performers are disgusting! Ive` never heard of the likes of Rod stewart, or any of his generation of performers vting on stage, so I can only assume that they`re doing it on purpose just to get attetion, I mean if it`s down to sv`s or something they ate, then how come older singers never did it onstage? Do today`s generation of pop stars just have weaker stomachs?
    Wow. Okay.
    In strong addition to what Kaydeejayde said:

1) They are NOT disgusting. These people are NOT going around snorting norovirus to burst out on stage as a publicity act!!
    2) How can Rod Stewart be compared on any caliber to Gaga and Bieber? He's not even the same genre of artist! And using Rod Stewart as an example leads me to believe (or assume, like you're always so happy to do but this makes more sense than your assumptions) that you weren't going to pop concerts, or rock concerts. Not because those are where the "druggies and drunks" perform, but because that's just where you find a more intense show. and to do those types of shows continiously?
    Do you understand that both artists (Gaga and Bieber) are in the middle of intense tours? After doing intense tours? Doing a HUGE show every single night? Exhaustion can make the body act in different ways. I say that because even I got sick from being exhausted and then overworking myself at the gym! Good god. So to answer your question is that today's "generation of pop stars" have to oblige to a bit more of a demanding schedule, routine, etc. I sure as hell give them credit. I could never do anything like that, and Hairyfairy, neither could you. and I bet if you did? your body would become tired, and overworked, and it can make you sick. Surprise! You're human!
    3) You blatently said you're assuming. So your entire "point" is based off of just how you feel it is, rather than looking at the facts, that have been mentioned in this thread countless times.

I apologize if I repeated myself but that was so annoying to read.
    Last edited by JadeNight; 10-11-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by out_of_order View Post

And to the person who says her generation of performers never did such things.... are you kidding me? You didn't hear about it back then because social media wasn't around and someone vomiting didn't make the 6pm news. Now, if someone farts in Canada, someone records it and they hear it in real time in Australia!
    LOL! (ten characters)

I knows it's the 80s and not Rod's 70s, but GWAR vomited and worse on stage deliberately all the time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You may find these links helpful!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It IS pretty graphic but I'll say this on a positive note...she just jumps right back into her routine like it's no big deal at all. Wish I could be that nonchalant about the whole thing. I sometimes wonder how a non-emet truly feels.

Quote Originally Posted by ewilkins View Post
    It IS pretty graphic but I'll say this on a positive note...she just jumps right back into her routine like it's no big deal at all. Wish I could be that nonchalant about the whole thing. I sometimes wonder how a non-emet truly feels.

Maybe it's merely a nuisance to non-emets... like sneezing or coughing (maybe)? Ugh... either way, I envy non-emets.
    My YouTube Channel:

My Emet Blog:

I wonder why she didn't bother mentioning GHW Bush. He did it all over the prime minister of Japan. Ahaha.. yeah social media anymore will catch you if you crop dust or sneeze. It's just the way it is now. Things have changed. My heart goes out to both artists. Whether you like them or not, they're people, and they feel, and it stinks to feel sick.
    Life is so worth living.

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    I knows it's the 80s and not Rod's 70s, but GWAR vomited and worse on stage deliberately all the time.
    pretty sure that was fake and part of the act.

Quote Originally Posted by aurora0917 View Post
    Maybe it's merely a nuisance to non-emets... like sneezing or coughing (maybe)? Ugh... either way, I envy non-emets.
    people without emet for the most part find v disgusting too. just not at our level of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    pretty sure that was fake and part of the act.
    Part of the act yes. Fake, not always.

You may find these links helpful!

I`m soory but I do disagre about not being able to prevent vting most of the time, because if I can hold ot in, I`m sure other people can, I mean it`s not as if they`re babies or toddlers who don`t have any control over their bodies. As for people who v being disgusting, I can`t help but think that, & I`m even disgusted with myself for vting in the past because I know that I could have stopped myself from doing it if I really tried.

You may be able to hold in, but others may not. I can't, sadly. I try to avoid it taking medications and taking care of myself, but when I get sick I throw up, and I really don't want to. I find disgusting the fact that these people have thrown up and may throw up again soon, but I don't think the people who have thrown up disgusting. If it was this way, you'd think the whole world is disgusting.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

I hate to say it dear, but not everyone can. It can be a very forceful act and incredibly sudden. Like people who, forgive me for bringing this little doozy up, shart themselves. It's not like they knew something was going to come of their gas ahaha. Even if they could hold it in, and didn't, why does that make them disgusting? They don't view it as irrationally as an emet would. Vomiting is disgusting, but that doesn't mean the person doing it is. At this point though I doubt she'll change her mind so we best leave it at that. The only person her opinion would harm is herself.
    Life is so worth living.

Quote Originally Posted by hairyfairy View Post
    I`m soory but I do disagre about not being able to prevent vting most of the time, because if I can hold ot in, I`m sure other people can, I mean it`s not as if they`re babies or toddlers who don`t have any control over their bodies. As for people who v being disgusting, I can`t help but think that, & I`m even disgusted with myself for vting in the past because I know that I could have stopped myself from doing it if I really tried.
    The reason you can hold it in is because your nausea so far has most likely been due to anxiety and not a true stomach illness. Up until not too long ago I was severely emetophobic and felt horribly nauseated almost on a daily basis, sometimes to the point where I would feel it come up my throat and I'd swallow it down and do anything and everything not to vomit. And it worked. But the couple of times in my life when I had a real stomach virus and/or food poisoning, there was nothing I could do to stop it from happening because it happened so fast and my body had to get rid of whatever was in me to allow my whole digestive tract to heal while empty. So please don't tell people that they can and should hold it in otherwise there's something wrong with them for not being able to do so, because sometimes NOTHING, not even antiemetics, can stop it. I'm not saying this to scare anyone, just pointing out a fact because I'm really getting fed up with people saying they should never vomit because it can always be held in, like people who think they can hold it in are somehow better or stronger than those who can't.