Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Bad experience today...

Man, I really need someone to talk to about this because my family doesn't understand. I am in university and I have to commute about 4 hours in total every day. I don't really like riding the bus, but I don't mind most of the time if it's not too crowded. Today I was feeling pretty good about the bus and then....the bus stopped and a guy in front of me v'd twice. I started shaking and I felt like crying and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it and I'm feeling so anxious and horrible and it puts my stomach in knots. I'm so irritated that my family doesn't understand and they get angry when I mention that I don't want to get back on the bus tomorrow. I'm so scared of ever riding the bus again. :'( I don't know what to do. I'm so afraid.

Default Re: Bad experience today...

Oh God that sounds awful but its over with now. Yes I can see why you'd be freaking out about getting the bus again but you have no choice. Your education is too important to risk, so get back on that bus tomorrow and with time itll get easier. Take your ipod & a book & block the rest of the world out! It was a terrible thing to happen for anyone but to an emet this is a nightmare. Im so sorry that you had you go through this but you did get through it and you survived.

Thank you both for your kind responses. It's a terrible situation because you're right, I have no choice. I wish so much that I could afford to buy my own car, that would make life so much easier (even though I'd have to sit in traffic, I'd be a lot less anxious). It was honestly horrible, I can't seem to get the image out of my head. I've been doing my best to block everyone out and I didn't have a terrible commute today so that's okay. Although now I'm completely paranoid every time someone coughs or bends over. My mom has been commuting to work for over 10 years and this has never happened to her. Just my luck!

Yeah, I've been studying on the bus which is a really good way to zone out and be productive at the same time. Thanks for the tips I will make sure to always have my iPod with me. When it happened, I plugged in my iPod and turned it up, but I was in a state of shock so it was like I did it on auto-pilot! So strange, haha.

Hello, just let it be known this is my first post on here! I only found out there was actually a word for fear of 'you know what' (after reading around here, I am gathering the dreaded word is not commonly written although it doesn't bother me personally to read it, I will be sensitive to other eyes) about a day ago. I am not such looney after all.
    Anyway, considering you were on a bus I would presume travel sickness, and since you weren't in CLOSE CLOSE contact with them or the..er..yeah, you would be fine if it were something else. Breathe

Some people are really disgusting! I can`t understand how why they don`t try & hold it like a civilised person would do, & besides the driver should never have allowed a drunk to board the bus in the first place> I`m assuming the man was drunk because adults don`t normally v in public unless the`re totally hammered.

Hairyfairy, you are so right. I had to ride the bus for years with drunks and drug addicts. Yes, they will v, and also pee on the bus. Disgusting. He could have also been stoned. People high on drugs will also v. Next time, report the drunk to the driver and they may kick him off. That's what they do in the US, at least. You shouldn't have to be afraid to ride the bus because someone else can't manage to behave himself and not get plastered before taking the bus.

I know, your post about drunks should be thrown off buses reminds me of an incident that happened on a bus that I was travelling on a few years ago. A man got on & started being agressive & causing trouble. He was really drunk & he had wet himself, he held up the bus for about half an hour while the driver just sat there asking him to get off, but he made no attempt to remove him. All of a sudden a fiesty young girl of about 25 took hold of him & threw him off the bus, problem solved! I only wish that I had a fraction of that sort of courage, all did was sit there & wish he`d go away like the rest of the passengers.

I just took up sitting as close as possible to the driver. Usually nothing bad happens in the front of the bus.

Chill out dudes. Yeah, it's gross. What of it? He may have been drunk and may not have. There's a plethora of reasons that could cause someone to vomit--not just being inebriated. Also....all I can think about is that video circling my city bc a bus driver uppercut a female passenger lmao ahhh good ole public transit.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Ahahahahgahahahah 'you goin to jail now!!' You live in Cleveland deadinside? I just moved away from there! That happened on the health line right? Literally took that every day...

hahaha yep! I take the RTA errrrrryday and the Healthline. I'm so bummed I missed that
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

He is not disgusting. V is disgusting. Maybe he has cancer and is going through chemo, maybe he has another disease that makes him sick. It's not right to judge people you don't even know. Op- im sorry this happened because it would make me freak too.