Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Urgent help, guys.....seriously, what does IT feel like if ITS gonna happen???

Hey guys
    Ok, I'm scared shitless and this has been going on for almost 12 hours. Need the input of like-minded people so I can get some perspective. My stomach feels really weird and has pretty much felt the same non-stop all day. It's not indigestion, IBS or my ulcer. It's a persistent feeling at the top of my stomach above my belly button-like a contracting feeling but it just stays contracted/tight (doesn't tighten then release). My throat also feels weird. Not the usual throat n* but more like it's closing.
    The good news I have no other symptoms-d, fever, etc. Plus, although the feeling hasn't gotten better, it hasn't gotten worse either-it's just kind of stayed the same. But the idea of food doesn't appeal at all but I can't eat when I'm scared anyways so that doesn't mean much.
    So my questions
    -is this what it feels like when ITs gonna happen? I honestly don't remember what true n feels like-please explain it to me!
    -is this how an SV starts out? Feeling weird for 12+ hours and then suddenly BAM it gets worse?
    -should I feel reassured that I'm no worse than I was this am or does this not really mean anything?
    -has anyone else ever felt this feeling that I tried to explain? If so, what was it? I have a myriad of stomach issues that I can
    usually identify but this doesn't resemble any of them.
    I could actually handle feeling this way if I knew it wasn't going to lead to IT.
    So, I'm so sorry for the rambling, long nonsensical post. I managed to muddle through work without any serious meltdowns,
    but now that I'm home, my mind is running wild and I just need someone to help me make sense of this bullshit.
    Thank you to anyone who made it this far!
    Jennifer
    Last edited by jmoore10; 10-17-2012 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Friking typos!

Default Re: Urgent help, guys.....seriously, what does IT feel like if ITS gonna happen???

I haven't tossed my cookies myself in a very long time (see my signature), but I have learned a lot about it from the experience of other people. It can sometimes happen, especially to an emet, to be nauseated for a long time and then vomit, but that is still very unusual. Most people are only nauseated for about 20-30 minutes before they vomit. And you are not even describing nausea, more of a stomach tightening feeling.

When someone is truly nauseated, it gets worse and worse and then they can't stand it anymore and go vomit. Nausea doesn't stay at one level for 12 hours without medication.

Really, if you were truly nauseated, you would probably be spending your time as still as possible and wouldn't be writing very long and detailed posts on the Internet. I don't think you're going to vomit, and I think you would feel better if you ate something.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Urgent help, guys.....seriously, what does IT feel like if ITS gonna happen???

I agree with Doug. That doesn't even remotely sound like nausea. When I'm genuinely nauseated, I just know there's really no avoiding the inevitable. I hope you are feeling better. I also agree it would help if you eat something
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Thanks Doug and Dead.
    I'm sorry for sounding like such a head case-just when I have unfamiliar and unpleasant feelings in my stomach, my mind automatically thinks "oh shit, this is it!!" and if it cant be easily explained or doesnt go away on its own, everything just spirals out of control.
    Jennifer

No need to apologize my friend we've all been there.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.