Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The dreaded bug!

I've had stomach flu for a week now. Diarrhea and nausea, not been sick yet but there's still time because I feel like crap.
    I took some motilium so hopefully the nausea goes away. I'm still on sips of water after 7 days. Diarrhea's stopped but only because I had to take an imodium to go see my therapist, but I still have them evil stomach cramps
    Was just saying how can i speed up the recovery? I'm supposed to be swapping courses at college today but obviously I need to take a few days off. Harsh!
    I keep freaking out whenever i even drink a bit of water because it makes me nauseous. It's so annoying!

Default Re: The dreaded bug!

im going to go out on a limb here and say you probably don't have a sv. they usually don't last that long unless you have a weak immune system. you may want to think about going to see a doctor.

i saw a nurse at this walk in centre and she said it was just a bug, and to eat crackers and drink vimto, maybe a second opinion if i'm not better tomorrow?

Vimto is an anagram for vomit...
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdropper1 View Post
    Vimto is an anagram for vomit...

haha! somebody said that to my dyslexic friend once, "when you're ill do you vimto?"

but seriously i'm getting really frustrated, my parents are trying to get me to just eat stupid things like fry ups and trying to get me into big food when i can't eat crackers without feeling sick, i'm pissed off because it's been nearly 8 days and i barely feel any better, mornings are a little easier but that's it! I feel like i'm being tested

oh and the diarrhea has gone but the nausea is still annoyingly there!

How much have you eaten? I would think that because you have not eaten pretty much anything, your body is ready to eat, but you have gone past that hunger stage. You need to eat something. Try really slowly eating. Have 5 crackers. Take one bite at a time. It may feel icky and still off, but see how you feel. I felt so bad once and I thought I was ill...I was going on two weeks. I finally was forced to sit and eat some plain chicken. I put my favorite movie on, sat on the couch and slowly ate the chicken. I ate like five bites all worried, but then, a few minutes later, I looked down, and that entire chicken breast was gone! If you can, try a smoothie. I have done that (as you can tell, I am famous for worrying, stop eating and think I am ill a lot!). I love strawberry and banana. Good luck!

I doubt it's a sv* honestly. It sounds like anxiety or not eating or something unrelated. I am about 500% sure it's not a sv*. Not trying to be rude but JUST N*? Definitely not a sv* and d* can be from LOADS of things.

I don't think you are ill. I think your worries and thoughts are making you feel ill.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I had something like this in January. I would get quite n* every night, had some loose stools, little to no appetite. Also a college student. I lost about six pounds unintentionally. I went to the health service, and they were pretty useless (gave me a sheet that said "You have viral gastroenteritis.") It got better on its own eventually. Try to eat when you are not n*. Stay hydrated. Take it easy on yourself. If it doesn't go away in another week definitely try to get another opinion, or of course if you feel like it's really bad then you might want to see an MD sooner.

that's exactly what they did for me haha! i HAVE to go to college on wednesday, i have no choice unless like the doctor forbids it again, i'm just trying to go easy on myself but i have tomorrow and my dad's getting a bit stressy and like timing me to eat and stuff, which is making me feel worse D:

I hate when the parentals try and force me to eat, especially when my anxiety gets bad and I lose my appetite. It actually makes me more stressed and angry, which does nothing for me appetite-wise. This is probably whats happened to you, so just explain to your Dad that your not feeling well and would prefer to eat normally when you feel relatively normal. In the mean time, try and have some crackers - just have SOMETHING that is light and boring. Otherwise you will find that you'll eventually get worse. Trust me, you will be fine! Chin up

Quote Originally Posted by Murder-my-soul View Post
    I doubt it's a sv* honestly. It sounds like anxiety or not eating or something unrelated. I am about 500% sure it's not a sv*. Not trying to be rude but JUST N*? Definitely not a sv* and d* can be from LOADS of things.

I don't think you are ill. I think your worries and thoughts are making you feel ill.
    while i doubt this is a sv, you can in fact only get nausea and d with noro.

Quote Originally Posted by brutt View Post
    oh and the diarrhea has gone but the nausea is still annoyingly there!

sounds like it could be ibs related. usually after a bout of food poisoning or sv your bowels tend to take awhile to get back to normal. if i were you id talk to a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    You are correct, and a lot of people on suffer with nausea and diarrhea with noro. But I also agree that 7 days is pretty long, Even the most severe noro/sv cases generally only last 2-3 days, maybe 4.

i had a fucking word with my dad, to no avail. he said fine yeah that's ok but he's still fucking timing me, he's gave me a plate full of fucking fried chicken and is saying you WILL eat it within the alotted time and i know for a fact that i won't manage it because i ate fucking CRACKERS before and felt sick
    i don't fucking understand why he can't get it into his head, i feel sick because i feel sick, not because i'm hungry, i know when i'm hungry so he needs to just stop!

and he's still coming in doing petty things like turning my fan off, what a difficult twat
    i understand what he's trying to do but it's not helping and he knows it

he has a short temper and has had anger issues as well which is making it even harder to deal with, even harder that i think he's passed the temper down to me!

i've tried being assertive but we can't come to an agreement because he's a stubborn fuck at times and REFUSES any other way than his own

Have you been tested for food allergies or intolerances? A common one is wheat or gluten. I have a number of food allergies and you are describing the symptoms I have. It could be those crackers and wheat products are making you sick. In the US, regular grocery stores are starting to carry a variety of gluten and dairy free products. Sometimes when you have a serious allergy, the foods you are allergic to look and smell bad. For example, I have a severe dairy allergy and cheese smells like v* to me. I don't even like to go into restraunts which serve a lot of cheese ladden products. So when you are n*, try rice or grilled chicken instead of anything with wheat and see if that helps. It took quite awhile to finally find a doctor to do an allergy blood test on me, I found out I was allergic to a lot more things than I thought which is when I stopped eating gluten. Even though, it's a pretty simple test, it can be difficult to get your doctor to do one (in the US). It took me several years and moving finally to get this test I knew I needed over 10 years ago. Be persistant and they will give in and do it. It's only a simple blood draw and the one I had was for rhino allergies, but it was very useful.

I think your dad is just worried about you and not trying to be mean. Seriously, look into food intolerances and see if they fit what you are feeling. I was making myself super sick with caffeine for years. Do you drink a lot of sodas or coffee? If I avoid my allergic foods, I feel pretty good most of the time. If you drink milk or eat cheese, stop and see if that helps. It can take a few days to get things like gluten out of your system, so you might not feel better immediately, but in a couple of days, there should be a big difference and you'll feel a whole lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
    No because I have had d* and n* with MANY THINGS. You cannot say it only comes from noro because that is a false statement. Even coffee gives me these symptoms. Anxiety plays a HUGE role in your digestive track. I am pretty sure about 99% of the time I had these symptoms were NOT noro related. Many diseases, cancers, intolerances will give the same symptoms. I really have no idea what you are talking about saying it can only come with noro because that is not a true statement.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~

You are so right. Food intolerances can make you feel like death warmed over. Fortunately, totally avoiding allergic foods works like a charm.

PS
    So glad to meet someone else allergic to coffee. My relatives keep sending my gourmet coffee for Christmas, because they keep forgeting I'm allergic. I know they mean well, but all my Christmas presents end up going to someone else.

that was an embarrassing reaction from me haha! sorry about that
    nah i don't drink much coffe/soda, because i do have some kind of intolerance thing to pepsi, makes me heave and get d*
    i stick with water, sometimes juice (i've got acid reflux, i think)
    and murder-my-soul i think what they meant was you can get just nausea and d with noro, but you can have more, it gets people in different ways

@murder - i think what fixxxer meant was that "in fact, you CAN get (only n and d) with noro." not that you can't get them some other way but that you may not necessarily v* if you have noro.

oh, yeah, what brutt said. double post, my bad. hope you feel better soon brutt! i know that feeling cruddy whilst trying to be a full time student is no fun (not saying it's fun if you work or anything else, but in college the schedule can be especially demanding because you are expected to be able to perform even on weekends (study etc))

thanks! i think i will soon, getting more on food and that now so yeah seeing doctor on monday to see what exactlly's up, hopefully it's nothing too bad!
    lucky for me i've gone part time, so i'm only in wednesdays thursdays and fridays! it's getting that season though ain't it, can't wait to hear all the stupid stories in the news about noro, when it hasn't even hit our house (apart from my 2 this year, first time since year 5!) since, god, 2003ish! i can't remember ever seeing my parents with it

Sorry guys and fixxxer. That's probably what he meant. I read it totally wrong obviously. Disregard what I've said! Haha.
    Tumblr :

Facebook :

Youtube :

~

haha it's all good! i do that on a daily basis

i think it is an sv actually, because both my mum and dad are complaining of d and nausea!

Quote Originally Posted by brutt View Post
    i think it is an sv actually, because both my mum and dad are complaining of d and nausea!
    Shove fried chicken in their faces.... see how they like it...

Ha HA Twinmom!!! And that nurse is pretty mean with the vimto thing..what the hell???