Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: The dreaded bug!

Ooops, sorry. I just looked up vimto and it is a real softdrink! I thought she was just being mean referencing V*. Anyway, hope things are better for you brutt. Hang in there.

YES, i am on that! might go KFC and bring them a boneless bucket and say IF YOU DONT FINISH THAT IN HALF AN HOUR YOU WILL BE IN DEEP TROUBLE YOU TWO!

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    Shove fried chicken in their faces.... see how they like it...
    Yes! Do this! And tell them they have 5 minutes to eat it or else! lol

7 days.... to me it sounds more like food poisoning than a stomach virus. And with a bad bout of food poisoning, it can take a long while before your digestive system is back on track which is probably why you're still feeling nauseous. Go see a doctor to make sure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oh i love being able to throw things in people's faces! my dad's got an awful cold as well so that's just a bonus! but he has stank out the bathroom, it's lethal and i'm getting my appointment for tomorrow or tuesday so i'll be able to get this sorted by then! hopefully i can get some buccastem because they helped me when i had it earlier and when i had a mad panic attack what made me gag like crazy, you can't get them otc in the uk but they're a magic drug!

if i don't get any, anybody got any tips to get rid of the nausea? ginger nuts don't work, and i might not get access to chamomile tea D: i can avoid being sick with willpower but not feeling it

Do you have regular black tea? Sipping on that helps settle a stomach... no milk in it though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sadly not what is it? i'll look in asda next time i go!

Or try plain boiled and then slightly cooled hot water. That settles my stomach sometimes.

thanks for the suggestions! the doctor just said i'm really stressed out and gave me this anti emetic that you take 3 times a day, not motillium though :P but as usual for my dad it wasn't enough so i need permission off my mum to take it -.-

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    You are correct, and a lot of people on suffer with nausea and diarrhea with noro. But I also agree that 7 days is pretty long, Even the most severe noro/sv cases generally only last 2-3 days, maybe 4.
    ive seen a sv give people temporary ibs. it's not uncommon for people to have bowel issues long after a sv infection. usually when i get noro i only get d but my daughter always v with no d. it's different with everybody.

aaaahhh, i'm starting the new course at college tomorow, i'm not ready D:

By the way, you can get buccastem over the counter in the UK, boots sell it and any big chemists say its for migraines... its £5.70 for 8... not that i buy it much :S

When I had a similar thing, I took Pepto Bismol. If that didn't work, Zofran, but that's prescription only (I happened to have some left over from when I had my tonsils out and was taking narcotic pain meds). Pepto is really good stuff. It will constipate you but it doesn't sound like that would be a problem

i'm 16 so i don't think i can get the migraine ones don't wanna take the risk
    and haha! i'm always bloody constipated so no worries on that! ibs is fun
    i'm on metaclopromide (i think that's how it's spelled) and it's giving me restless leg as a side effect, with drowsiness, that combination is annoying to say the least. and can being pretty tired make you feel sick as well? i think it can but just checking, i got about 2 hours sleep last night and just had an hours nap and still feel sick but a little better, felt god awful all day today