Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Im so scared

Unhappy Im so scared

My mom is in the hospital her surgery went well. Well a few days ago I had d* for two days. It sucked. Well today as Im sitting here visiting my mom before I go to work the nurses are outside the door talking about how a really bad stomach virus is going around along with strep throat. Strep doesnt bother me im freaking out about this bug. Im scared I havent been cautious enough. Now that im back to normal and dont have d* Im drinking my immune booster again. Im so so so scared. I come to the hospital in the AM to be with my mom then at noon I start my work shift in public. My anxiety is getting the best of me and I dont want it to show. Im scared to be here at the hospital Im scared to go to work Im scared to be around people again. It seems its all coming back. I have an appoitment later this month with my dr. I recieved a letter from her shes no longer going to be working there so now im freaking out wondering what some new doctor is going to do to me...Shes been the only dr to understand me. Ugh so much on my mind, im so scared.
    dette også skal passere

Default Re: Im so scared

Sarah, I think you owe it to your mom to visit her in the hospital in spite of your phobia. However, you don't need to sit with her the whole time. You could make a brief visit to the hospital and then take off, and wash your hands thoroughly. It is also a big help during cold and flu and noro season to avoid touching your face. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Sarah I totally sympathise with you! My mum's going in to hospital to have an operation soon and I'm terrified about visiting/ her catching something. Keep telling yourself that you're doing really well and keep up with handwashing and i'm sure you'll be just fine. I'm also starting to see a new doctor/ psychologist tomorrow and I'm worrying about what she'll be like too. My last is the only one I've ever been comfortable with and I hate that she's left. Don't know if this is any help but at least know you're not alone. And also be proud of yourself for going to the hospital. I know someone who's so scared of then she couldn't bring herself to go in even when her 6 year old had broken her arm!

I hate that phrase "going around"....bugs and germs are ALWAYS there....its just unfortunate when there is an outbreak.

If there was a risk in the hospital you would know about it - they would have notices on the door - they wouldn't let visitors into rooms where people were infectious and you would be asked to wash your hands before entering the ward etc etc.

Thanks everyone. Nothing will stop me from seeing her. Shed do anything for me and I'd do the same for her. I'm drinking an immune booster and taking extra vitamin c so I hope that helps. Thank you everyone.