Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default scared I might have an ulcer

For the past day or so I've had this dull feeling of pressure in my upper stomach. It doesn't hurt, but sometimes it feels hot. I've had this feeling before in the past. I'm so scared it might be an ulcer because ulcers can bleed and make people v black blood. That happened to my dad several months before he died. I'm real picky about what I eat and drink. I don't like plain water. I know I drink too much soda. I hope soda doesn't cause ulcers. I drink two to four cans a day. I hope that's not so bad. I took some Pepto earlier this evening and felt a little better, but now I have the pressure feeling again. Maybe it's because of sinus drainage. I've felt drainage, but I haven't had a cold. I hope I hear from somebody soon. It's lonely and scary to be worried at night when everyone else is asleep.

Susan

Default Re: scared I might have an ulcer

I have had an ulcer. It does not sound like you have one. I had extreme burning/ gnawing pain above my belly button and felt so nauseous i was in the bathroom everyday. If it continues or gets worse maybe see a doctor, but it sounds like indigestion or acid reflux. Hope you feel better.

That much pop is not a good thing, for many reasons!

Thanks for the message. I hope I won't have to go to the doctor about this. I'm terrified of having to get an endoscopy or a colonoscopy. I also don't like the idea of having to drink barium. Is the barium drink as bad as it used to be?

Susan

It's been a long time since I had barium! The pop rocks were worse for me. Soda irritates hell out of my gut. It's dehydration,way too much sugar, rots teeth, and it's just bad!! I also don't think you have an ulcer.
    ON THE DARKEST SIDE OF THE SUN

I got an endoscopy to find out about my ulcer. You are completley out and you dont have to drink anything. Seriously it was a piece of cake. About the barium, i recently had an abdominal MRI and they have a new substance you drink that actually tastes good! It tastes exactly like whatever flavor crystal light they add to it and has the consistency of normal water. I was so happy! Lol