Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Frightened

Hybrid View

Default Re: Frightened

He was somewhere between 5 and 7. He was not a baby. He was a kindergarter or a 1st grader.

My cousin didn't tell anyone about the cancer until recently. It now entirely covers one of her shoulders and is creeping under her arm. I tried to talk to her about having it removed early on, before I knew it was already so large. Apparently, it looks like a giant spider. It is simple to remove without chemo or radiation when it is small. I have had several small skin cancers removed and it was no big deal, but I never let one go that far. As I understand it, the cancer will get into her vital organs and that's when it will kill her. I believe she is treating her cancer with the Gerson method due to her religious beliefs. She also has thyroid cancer, but that is a mere drop in the pan compared to the other. I would not be surprised if the cancer gets into her lungs. Two of our uncles and our grandfather died from lung cancer.

I won't visit her alone. I have no idea how to care for a cancer patient that isn't under a doctor's care. In fact, I never met anyone even with terminal cancer who didn't go to the doctor for it. I have talked to my doctor and my shrink about it. There is nothing anyone can do if she refuses to get help.
    Last edited by Grace47; 10-16-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: grammar correction