Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Panicking! :(

Default Panicking! :(

I HATE it when I get like this!

I felt queasy about 4pm ish today. I drove my sister home (heart was racing, and just had to stop talking as I couldn't shake the queasiness).

I started to get tummy rumbles, and my other half cooked me tea (what a gent!) and I did eat it as I felt hungry.

It's now about 8pm though and the queasiness is back with a vengeance. My stomach is gurgling and I feel so freakin' tired it's mental. There's that horrible n* type pressure in my throat as well.

I think part of the problem though is that I went to the docs yesterday to see a nurse. I was meant to see my actual doctor today for a completely separate appointment, and I got informed this morning it was cancelled due to him being off s*. So obviously now I'm panicking that I was in the germ ridden place

Default Re: Panicking! :(

Sometimes you just have to believe in the power of coincidence - yeah I completely agree with you that the doctor's ain't the cleanest place in town, but if your symptoms haven't worsened after say 12-24 hours, I highly doubt its a sv*. Take an anti-emetic if you've got any, drink some water and put on your favourite TV show. Fatigue is definately a sign of something being up, but I would not think too deeply into it as anxiety is probably responsible for that one. Honestly after reading so many posts on here, I have not actually come accross one that has turned out to be a sv* - 95% are anxiety related usually, or related to other conditions like IBS, heartburn and such. I completely empathise with your situation but sometimes you just have to slap yourself accross the cheek (metaphorically or course) and be as rational as your brain will allow you to be. Acknowledge that the symptoms are there, say to yourself "I feel N*" and then let a little time run its course - distraction is required here. If you feel relatively calm and still the n* is lingering, perhaps its legitimate. Otherwise, brush it off as anxiety and hope for the best. I know its sounds blunt, but honestly I'm so fed up with myself as well that I am just trying to help you as efficiently as possible