Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Probiotics

Default Probiotics

Quick question. Do probiotics cause any side effects?

Bought a bottle several months ago but was afraid Id jinx myself if I took them - crazy I know. Now with a sv* so close to me in work Im wondering if they might help boost my immunity

Default Re: Probiotics

No side effects for myself or kids. We take them daily.

The only side effect I've ever had from them is a little gas. They actually made me feel better.

They can cause gas, but beyond that, you'll likely not notice much difference. Bare in mind that there is actually little research that proves the effectiveness of probiotic supplementation beyond that of acidophilus strands. And, even then, results are often mixed.

All comes down to the quality of the product and the ingredients used in the process of production. Don't get ripped off.

I take acidophilus every day and no side effects... It made me have very large bms the first month or so of taking! I am glad I take it, it makes me feel safer and glad I take it!
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10