Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs down First Panic Attack in Ages

I just had a panic attack, ya know - nausea, shaking, feeling like you can't breathe then the dizziness and fatigue now post-attack. All because I thought I was going to vom after having a latte since I can be lactose intolerant, too much caffiene this morning as well I think which may have induced it.
    I'm taking St John's Wort at the moment (have been for at least 2 months already) and found it has not been working as well for me lately. I need to study and I am finding myself extremely distracted and all over the place. Do you think I should ask my psychologist about something a little stronger (as in, real medication), I would have to go to my doctor to get it since she isn't qualified to prescribe it but I think it might be the best thing so I can get through my exams in peace.

So my question is, what are your experiences with anti-anxiety meds? Worth it?
    Or should I try a different brand of STJW - I'm taking Swisse 'Mood' at the moment which contains other ingredients like B12 and siberian ginseng, but Blackmores make a pure STJW supplement that might be better since you take it with every meal three times a day. Anyone tried this brand before?
    Thanks a lot
    Last edited by Kinetic; 10-15-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: grammatical error

Default Re: First Panic Attack in Ages

I am taking Celexa for 6 weeks now I believe. Definite improvement! Benzo's are a quick fix but made me worse in the end. Celexa's side effects if any are soooo mild and gentle and ALL were gone in a week. (:
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Okay, I'll ask my therapist about celexa and see what she thinks thankyou!

1 year ago I had been experiencing panic attacks that always resulted in fainting, mostly in public places, as well as on a date once. It was humiliating and incredibly dangerous. So i used medication although soon the effects wore off. Searching 1 day I found a brief video and decided i'd give it a shot. the technique worked instantly! Because i'm not scared and know i can handle any attack, the attacks went away.

check out the short video at makeanxietygoaway.com and take your life back

Have you tried Rescue Remedy?