Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy OT: chest tightness.

Does anyone else get chest tightness, congestion with allergies? The past week i have along with plugged sinuses and sneezing. No coughing though. I used to have asthma but havent had an attack in over 10 years. I wonder if its the change in the weather? Not super concerned but i dont like it. No money or insurance for a doctors visit either.

Default Re: OT: chest tightness.

Yep, happens to me every year. Maybe take an antihistamine?

Im might get some sudafed tomorrow.

Sudafed will help with congestion but an antihistamine might be more effective in tackling all the allergy symptoms at once. You can get non-drowsy ones like loratadine nowadays.

I find that my allergies flare up my asthma, which can still affect you even if you're not having an attack. Do you have an inhaler? When I get that tight chest kind of feeling with my allergies, I take my inhaler, one spray, and it helps a lot, along with my allergy medication. Hope the Sudafed helps, it's an awful feeling >_<
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah the pollen count must be crazy this year.

Fixxxer2012 can I ask you a question about health insurance. You said you've no money or insurance to see a dr - does that mean everybody in the USA has to pay before having access to medical help?

Whenever the heaters kick on I always get stuffy heads, congestion. I think it is the air being dry along with all the crap being blown out of the heaters.

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Fixxxer2012 can I ask you a question about health insurance. You said you've no money or insurance to see a dr - does that mean everybody in the USA has to pay before having access to medical help?
    Yes and No, without insurance a doc visit and tests can run you around 300-400 dollars, maybe even more! Also, some doctors won't even see you if you dont have insurance unless you have cash to pay them in advance. Also, if you dont have money to pay, you can go to the Emergency room and they HAVE to take you, but then you end up paying around $2000 to $3,000 dollars. P.S. I have health insurance, and it costs me over $900 a month. The health care system is ridiculous in America, and will get worse if Obamacare is put into place...LOL, don't get me started on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    Yes and No, without insurance a doc visit and tests can run you around 300-400 dollars, maybe even more! Also, some doctors won't even see you if you dont have insurance unless you have cash to pay them in advance. Also, if you dont have money to pay, you can go to the Emergency room and they HAVE to take you, but then you end up paying around $2000 to $3,000 dollars. P.S. I have health insurance, and it costs me over $900 a month. The health care system is ridiculous in America, and will get worse if Obamacare is put into place...LOL, don't get me started on this topic.
    Wooo!! What about people on low incomes, is there no such thing as free healthcare. I moan about the NHS in britain & yes there are often long waiting lists but at least I know I can go to the dr as & when necessary, get any tests needed & even get all my prescriptions for nothing. Thats not the same in england though - they have to pay for prescriptions. What happens if you are seriously ill & have no job?

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Wooo!! What about people on low incomes, is there no such thing as free healthcare. I moan about the NHS in britain & yes there are often long waiting lists but at least I know I can go to the dr as & when necessary, get any tests needed & even get all my prescriptions for nothing. Thats not the same in england though - they have to pay for prescriptions. What happens if you are seriously ill & have no job?
    You don't have to have a job t have insurance, it is just cheaper. I am out of work right now, so I pay $900 a month for insurance for me and my kids. When I was working, it was about $625 a month (the employer contributes to the cost). However, if you are seriously ill and don't have a job or have insurance the only thing you can do is pay a lot of money to doctors, or go to the ER and run up huge medical bills. In my state, NJ, they have what they call NJCares, it is a low cost health insurance for people ho are unemployed. Unfortunately, based upon my salary when I was working, I do not qualify for it.