Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Out of nowhere nausea

I often become nauseous for no reason whatsoever, but then I panic (of course) and trace back everything I ate and any possible way I could have gotten sick from someone, and think that there must be a reason I'm feeling nauseous. And I'm so tired and want to go to bed but every time I turn off the lights and lay down, the nausea comes back stronger than ever. I feel a little better now that I'm up and on the computer, but I just wanna go to bed and know that the nausea won't come back

Any helpful tips? Does this happen to anyone else?

Even drinking water doesn't really help. It actually kinda makes me more nauseous.

Default Re: Out of nowhere nausea

Thats a familiar story!! Whenever Im n* I find lying down in a darkened quiet room makes it worse. So much so that I sleep with the tv on all night. Ive lost count of the amount of times Ive been convinved Im gonna v* only to find if I can distract myself I start to feel better. Whether its pacing around the house or coming on here I just cannot do nothing. Have you tried mint gum, or do you have anti-emetics?

Water always makes me n*. I drink tea. I do have the same problem, not as much anymore. Hunger causes most of mine. What I interpret as n* is actually hunger. Also being constipated makes me n*. Having low blood sugar makes me n* too.

Of course the anxiety worsens it. I will draw, write, even read a book in my room with my light on the lowest setting. It seems to help, I also have tums beside my bed as I have awful acid reflex!
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

thanks for the responses! right after that post I became tired enough to just pass out and not even have time to think about being nauseous (luckily!!). but I did sleep with the TV on all night haha