Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default The feeling after v

I haven't v since I was four and don't really remember what it's like. I have read that when people v you often feel great afterwards, and some people even feel a little giddy because you feel so much better immediately. Is this true??? I have never in my life thought about the way you feel afterwards because I've always been so terrified of everything before and during

Default Re: The feeling after v

Yeah I remember even when I had a sv* straight afterwards for about half an hour I would feel good. Then the n* comes back gradually.
    But when I got car sick once you v* its pretty much gone! Good feeling, but I can't say its worth it. Its still v*, which obviously we avoid at all costs

Yes, it's true. It's a rush of endorphins. In fact, the feeling is what bulimics get addicted to. They don't vomit so they can binge. They binge so they can vomit. Bulimics are addicted to the vomiting, not the eating.

I agree with Kinetic that it's not worth enduring nausea and vomiting to have those few seconds of euphoria.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah like recentely when i was at work this guy complained that he felt sick then suddenly ran to the bathroom then came back saying he puked and i said "are you ok?? can i get you some medicine??" and he just smiled and said "nope i feel great much better! i dont even need to go home!" then about 20 minutes later he said he kinda felt sick again and wanted the medicine. and kinetic, i get carsick really easily! ive come close to v but never have from it. any tips on how to help with motion sickness?

After the couple of times I vomited, I felt instantly better, the god-awful nausea was gone and my stomach felt great again. But both times I didn't have an appetite for the rest of the day. My stomach didn't feel bad, I just had zero appetite. But later that night or the next day my appetite came back, I ate, and was back to normal.

It is usually the case, and perhaps we could look at it as a reward of sorts for getting through the awful ordeal.
    Life is so worth living.

I can`t recall ever having good feelings after vting in the past. Either I`m very bad at making endorphins, or it`s just a myth about feeling high afterwards.

I don't recall ever feeling a "rush" after vomiting. But the last time I vomited I was 9, and that was more than ten years ago. Mostly what I remember from that episode of stomach flu was that after the initial episode of vomiting, I wasn't scared.

**May be triggering for some/GRAPHIC**
    I remember having strange feelings in my stomach that night, taking Mylanta and a hot bath, nothing helped, and then finally around 5 am I got out of my bed to get my mom and began to vomit kind of unexpectedly (there is still a stain on the carpet there), and tried to catch it in my hands once I realized it was happening (needless to say not a great idea.) Went downstairs, told my mom "I threw up" (she was awake at this point - my parents get up super early) and then promptly did so again in the trash can in the kitchen. I stayed home from school that day, listening to recorded books and watching TV and reading Time, and I remember I would get this feeling like I was dizzy and had been staring at the TV for too long, and then have to throw up again. There wasn't any intense nausea, and there wasn't a rush afterwards. Just this sense of "oh brother, guess I have to throw up again.... that was unpleasant, back to what I was doing before"
    **End may be triggering section/GRAPHIC**

Yes, I was emet before that, and having stomach flu cured me for of emet... for about a month. Then I forgot that it wasn't the end of the world, and voila.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_ View Post
    and kinetic, i get carsick really easily! ive come close to v but never have from it. any tips on how to help with motion sickness?
    Take travel medication. You don't need a script just go to a chemist and ask for it. Try chewing on gum while travelling and listen to music, guaranteed not to vom when I am comfortable like that

I rarely v* either, it was only once on a bus (nice and embarassing) so travel meds are okay even if you dont v*
    I just take them everytime I go somewhere for longer than an hour. I'm now 18 but I have noticed that my motion sickness has subsided a lot since I was younger. When I was little I would feel sick most journeys longer than 15 minutes. Nowadays, I could easily sit on a bus for 2 hours and be fine!
    Last edited by Kinetic; 10-16-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks kinetic I will try that

I don't remember i have ever had sv, but when i v once when i was 8 while traveling (at that time i didn't take medications,i could handle long trips without them). Right after v i felt great..and i know this isn't a case with sv. :-S
    But at that time i didn't have emetoph.so it wasn't that hard.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Instant nausea relief, but if you have a sv, it will come back. I didn't get sick again though because it wasn't as bad.
    ON THE DARKEST SIDE OF THE SUN