Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Seriously feeling ill :(

Posted a lot lately so Im sorry to post again but I feel so awful that I dont know what to do with myself. Haven't felt well for about a week with a mix of extreme nausea, headaches & achy body. Obviously its the nausea thats really affecting me, so much so I havent been into work this week. Basically Ive lived on anti-emetics but think they've stopped working now. Im also breathless even after just walking down stairs. Honestly I feel like crap & am so terrified I could v*.

Another thing bothering me is a co-worker has had a sv*. I havent worked with her since last thursday, and I think she started getting ill on the sunday. Before she got sick her daughter had it so she mustve picked it up from her, but it took 4 days before symptoms appeared after her daughter got ill. Would it be safe for me to return to work friday or could she still infect me? We share same keyboards & phones soI couldnt realistically keep myself 100% safe.

Default Re: Seriously feeling ill :(

Are you seeing a professional for your anxiety? Because it sounds like all of your symptoms are from that. Can you talk to someone?

No Im not seeing anyone. Im in UK & it would take months if not more to get an appt. To be honest I usually cope ok, yes I have my moments but I manage to work full time & lead a 'normal' life. Its only when Im genuinely ill that my emet takes over, and Im genuinely ill at the moment. Even as Im typing this Im standing up cos the urge to v* is almost overpowering. Ive now finished all the phenergan I had & Ive taken my last mild tranquiliser in the last half hour so Im on my own

Well the tranquiliser has made me more relaxed & sleepy but I keep nodding off for a couple of minutes & then waking up startled by another wave of nausea. Just want to sleep all night & wake up better

Aw God I thinks its gonna happen

When was the last time you ate something? The lack of energy etc and the nausea could be hunger....

If you've been feeling ill for 4 days and haven't vomitted - I don't think you will now. Do you want to pop into chat?

Last ate about 8 hours ago. Been feeling very sick for 3 hours or so but if anything its getting worse not better. Had actually dropped off to sleep for 15 minutes when this latest bout happened & jolted me awake. Ive got no more meds left, I took my last at midnight so havent got anything I can try to control it with.