Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post What Treatment Options Work The Best?

I have Emetophobia along with anxiety and panic disorder and find it impossible to go a day without a panic attack. It is taking over my life. What do you guys recommend are the best treatment options and do you think inpatient treatment would be worth considering?

Default Re: What Treatment Options Work The Best?

It depends on the person. For some people, quick fixes like the Emetophobia Recovery System and Fear into Power system work, and others need a long term thing. I was one of the latter. What worked for me was cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and medication. No one can tell you exactly what's gonna work for you, it's all trial and error, but having a talk to your GP should definitely be your first stop
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I was told to get this workbook from Amazon called Mastery Of Your Anxiety And Panic by Barlow/Craske. I am on week one so far. Along with being Emetaphobic I have depression and anxiety so I am on meds for that also. I have found that these forums are helpful knowing that I am not alone. The alone feeling is awful and makes my anxiety worse. Do you have a therapist or are you followed by a Dr? They will help you and if they don't find one who will!!! I finally am doing something about this disorder of mine after 39 years!!

I agree with Kaydee. Personally, I used hypnotherapy which worked amazing for me, but I haven't met many others who found any relief with it. It's all up to the individual. Definitely try speaking with your doctor and see what options appeal to you, then go from there

You may find these links helpful!

I took medication twice (Prozac from 2009 - 2011 and from March 2012 - present day). The first time, it was perfect - I had no panic attacks, no nausea, nothing. But now I started to get panic over and over again, to the point where I can't do anything but sleep when it hits me. I almost feel like a zombie, it's horrible, I get nauseous then so tense that I can't do anything.

I have CBT twice a week, go to the psychiatrist each 15 days and I have my parents and school therapist when I need them. Also, I take Zoloft (150mg), Risperdal (75mg) and alprazolam (0.25 to calm down, 0.50 to panic attacks and 1mg to sleep) every day.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.