Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Its at least 2 weeks now that I either hardly eat or I eat and then I feel sick, and stop eating again. I thought it was a phase I was going through and that I was going to come out of it like I always do, but this time is different. I am not coming out of it, I feel like I'm only getting worse. I just ate some popcorn to fill that emptiness, and now I feel absolutely horrible. Ithink its the kind that I got, it was pretty heavy with butter. But I feel so sick to my stomach right now. I am panicking pretty badly, I took an ativan, hoping it will at least calm me down, but I know this has everything to do with the popcorn, and I don't know when I will start to feel better. I feel so doomed, like the only way I will feel better is because I'm going to be sick, and I don't want to be sick....

I'm sorry for ranting but I don't know what else to do right now. I am completely freaking out.

*hugs*

first of all go get some water to sip on. chances are the salt/butter in that might want some to help it digest a bit better.

then breathe and let yourself calm down. you know it is just the popcorn. go watch some tv, read a book, or play a distracting game

Popcorn is one of the hardest foods in the world for your body to digest! I'm sure it is Just the popcorn. Just try drinking some water and you will be fine, I promise [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you both, I drank warm water and eventually started burping it up. The popcorn I usually eat is the light, and I could eat a whole bag to myself and feel fine. I know it was this kind because it was so heavy in salt and butter, well now I've learned my lesson!

Thank you again![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

no problem...

water, digestions biggest friend