Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Not felt like this in a while.. could it happen?

I've been feeling off since last night, was staying at my boyfriends and my stomach felt funny and the thought of food was actually making me want to v*. But I then started to feel hungry and fell asleep, then I woke up this morning and had a terrible pain, it kinda felt like it was in my lung, not really my stomach but it was agonising, I was hungry though so I ate a bit, but I had to stop 'cause I had to leave the house! Then I went shopping and felt okay, ate a subway, came home and now I feel like crap again! I have a bit of a funny feeling in my stomach again, nothing too major but uncomfortable, the thought of food is making me want to v* and I just feel like I'm about to gag at any point.. it's weird :s I've not been sleeping well for the past week, and I've hardly ate anything, so this could be the cause? I'm just so worried, I don't want to v*

Default Re: Not felt like this in a while.. could it happen?

When I don't eat, I feel nauseous. Maybe that's what you are feeling, try to eat a little. Remember that you can v with our without food in your stomach.

Good luck!
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't know if it is just lack of food, I hope so! I feel so dizzy, I'm shaking and my hearts going like mad. But my stomach feels kinda okay, I'm so confused! I think it's going to happen, feel like gagging any minute, but my stomach feels not too bad I don't know if it's all in my mind, I hate this phobia!

Lack of food & water can cause all the symptoms you've mentioned. As can panicking. Try distracting yourself and relax a little if you can

Yeah my stomach feels hungry I think, I'm just not sure.. I went for a bath to try feel better but really panicked in there 'cause I was too hot, but now I'm out and in bed I kind of feel better, I just don't know what's wrong with me

Glad you're feeling better. Im also trying to work out whats up with me too, I havent felt well for over a week now, didnt even go to work which is unusual for me. But I think we are much more tuned into our bodies cos we're always on the lookout for signs that we could v* - therefore we tend to overthink things.

Yep, I must just be hungry, I'm just panicky in case it's something bad, such as sv* etc.. I'm sorry you've not been feeling well, especially for a week, must be awful! Have you been to the docs? Yeah I totally agree, even when I just get a tiny stomach pain I'm like "Oh my god it's going to happen!"