Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey

this last course of antibiotics has already killed my appetite (not that im suprised) and nothing is sitting right anymore, so im not able to eat a heck of alot. ok lets put it this way: today i ate less than half of a slice of my sisters pizza (it smelled good!) and am currently fighting to finish some miso soup, but dont think i will be able to.

so what i am wondering is what are some foods that are good for balancing stomach bacteria (ie: i know yogurt is but are there others?) and what are foods that upset the stomach bacteria? are there foods that are good to eat while on antibiotics to help counteract some of the effects?

also, just in general, what are some yummy foods (smaller quantities hopefully) that are easy to digest, preferably with some nutritional content? I'm just looking for ideas to get something into me while i finish the rest of these meds but not finding alot in my own cupboards. I'm not afraid of new foods so long as it isnt kill yourself spicy and i'm not afraid of foods from a different culture, and am lucky enough to live in an area where many are available. any hints?

so my doctor told me not to under any circumstance eat yogurt while on antibiotics because the medicine will only kill the bacteria in your yogurt not in your infection...i am on antibiotics right now i am basically living on bananas ,peanut butter,pastina with butter,soup,mashed potatoes,basically lots of carbs...hope i have helped...noelle
    although angels sing of glory greater still,i live in sadness much against my will...

You can go to your local nutrition shop and actually buy pills that contain the bacteria to replenish what the anitbiotics kill off. Just make sure you buy ones that are coated so they will have the most beneft

i should check that out! we have a great health food store right around here!

Ask for Acidophilis. (check the spelling)