Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Please help. I haven't felt this bad in a long time.

Earlier I started getting some heartburn/indigestion that turned into nausea. Then I got lower abdominal cramping which caused loose stool, but not d*. I'm extremely dizzy and feel very odd, which might just be from the anxiety of feeling like this. I also keep having this hiccup feeling in my throat but I don't actually hiccup, and my lower abdominal is still crampy and feels like I have to have d* but nothing is happening. I drank apple cider vinegar and colloidal silver to help my stomach feel better but it still doesn't feel right. It just feels yucky and queasy. I only have one Zofran left and I don't know if I should take it now or save it. I'm scared and I just want to feel better and not be sick. Any tips? I've got chamomile tea, ginger ale, and peppermints handy.

Someone just tell me how to feel better and that I'm not sick and I'm going to be okay. :c

Default Re: Please help. I haven't felt this bad in a long time.

First: I'm not there with you obviously, but I don't think you are going to be sick. You will be fine. If you think it might be due to anxiety, chances are, IT IS!

Now, second, I can't imagine drinking vinegar on an empty stomach is going to be soothing! Vinegar is acidic and you said you were having heartburn before... No wonder it didn't make you feel better (also, colloidal silver is known to cause stomach distress and not known (in terms of evidence/studies) to provide any benefits to an upset stomach... see wikipedia if you happen to want to know more). I wouldn't jump straight to the Zofran. Definitely make some tea and sip it or sip some ginger ale, depending on what you feel like. Take your mind off of your digestive tract any way you can. Read a good book, or watch a TV show you like.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you. Do you think if I were sick I would have been sick already? I've been feeling crummy for about an hour and a half now.

I'm also able to take large sips of tea and water. I wouldn't be able to if I were sick, right? Sorry, I'm just having a freak out and need reassurance because my partner is away for the night.

Sounds like you ate something that didn't agree with you. Heating pad to tummy or hot bath may help. Drinking the tea would be soothing and warm. Do you have Benadryl? I read somewhere that it helps with nausea. I have done this. I have also done baking soda in water. The sodium bicarbonate neutralizes stomach acid making the heartburn/indigestion go away.

I'm using a heating pad on my stomach and an ice wrap on my head. Still crampy, but no v* and no d* or n* anymore. I'm hoping I'm okay now. I just took a Motrin and Hydrocodone to help the crampy feeling and had some crackers, ginger ale and tea with it, so I think that's good news that I was able to have all that. If it makes me feel queasy I'll have my Zofran. Still just feel very crampy and feel weird and woozy and my legs hurt, but that's about it. Thanks everyone.