Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does this happen to anyone else??

I have a pretty bad sore throat right now and absolutely no symptoms of an sv*, and yet no matter what symptom of illness I have (like literally anything), I worry that I might v*...I know it makes absolutely no sense but I can't help but think about it and worry. I know that I'm coming down with a cold, but I need reassurance that it's a cold, and nothing more. I always freak myself out for no reason.

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else??

You don't have to worry, you don't have sv, jus a cold :-)
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I get like that too! Thankfully I don't hardly get colds and stuff. But you're not alone!
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

I've had my fair share of SVs in the past, and one thing I've learned for me is that if it is indeed a SV, I know right away. The symptoms are unmistakable. So if you have to wonder if it's a SV or not, I'd say it most likely isn't.

Hey try not to worry (easier said than done of course!) but I have had a cold for about 10 days now. It started off with the worst sore throat EVER! So it's definetely just a cold

I totally get like that! If i have a headache if my body aches even if i stub my toe!

thanks for all the responses!! anxiety sucks. I'm actually so freaked out right now, I don't know why. my throat doesn't hurt as much now but my throat feels strange, almost like i need to burp, i really can't explain it. but it's bothering me and i can't fall asleep.