Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stomach cramps :(

Been having cramps for several hours now, they started after I went to the toilet for the 2nd time in 4 hours. That alone is unusual for me, as I can go for upto 10 days without needing to have a bm* (sorry)Anyway my stomach is hurting so badly Im getting anxious. Ive also had a couple of waves of nausea but not too bad at the moment. I feel like Im not finished going & Ive also got quite a lot of wind!!!

Trying to rationalise the underlying cause & Ive come up with several that dont include v* yet Im still terrified that I may v*.

Ive had a crap week or so. Firstly a virus?? - my dr said it was probably that as there are so many going around right now, and now these cramps which are quite sharp & unsettling. I started taking probiotics about 5 days ago so could that be the cause. I also suffer with ibs but havent had pain like this for a while & so Im not confident that this is the problem.

I also made & ate some gravy using oxo gravy granules about 7 hours ago and the best before date was april 2012. Ye I know I shouldnt have but its the only gravy I like & theyve stopped making it. Id used it earlier in the week too but didnt have this reaction.

Any thoughts? Could it just be a reaction to going to the loo after several days of not going. My daughter says if its fp* then Im gonna v* & she never says that, if anything she's the one who always so rational & telling me I won't v* but now I feel she's jinxed me aagghh!!

Default Re: Stomach cramps :(

Sounds like IBS to me. You must have eaten something icky and it didn't agree with you or you are having a flair up. Heating pad to tummy with some soothing tea sounds like a remedy.

Default Re: Stomach cramps :(

Hope so & thanks for trying to keep me calm. I think its probably IBS but I did take 2 buscopan tablets which are specifically for cramps caused by ibs & they didnt seem to have any effect. And ye Ive had a hot water bottle laying across my lower abdomen for a few hours. Couldve done without this tonight, I needed a good nights sleep cos Im back in work tomorrow after having a week off due to illness, & have to get up in just over 6 hours & sleep is out of the question for now at least.