Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Survived

Just wanted to check in and let everyone know that I am getting better with my Emet and this site has helped me!! Last time I posted a topic of my son getting ill during the night (on his b-day) and how crazy I was about a bug in the house and who would get it next, same stuff I do when anyone I know is sick with anything. That is what drives me up a wall,guessing what he has, who is next, how did he get it, is it a bug or just an upset belly or food.....must I go on? Anywho.....dropped a line on this site and got an overwhelming response from people JUST LIKE ME and found a safe haven for myself and my nerves. Since then, my daughter who is 3 and has only ever been ill once in her life, got ill before she went to bed 2 weeks after my son's b-day experience. She was great through it and so was I!!! In fact I even slept with her, which my husband usually does for me because of my nerves and stuff, I think it is because of this site and getting my feelings out and having others go through the same thing. I am totally supported on this site and have friends I have never met, THANK YOU so much. After my daughter got ill, she slept it off and had a high fever and the next day I felt yuckybut managed to sleep good that evening and felt fine the next day. I have to admit that I am still wondering how we got this again and why and if my other son (who is still ill free) will get it too and when but during the whole incident I was very calm and collected. I even stood by her and helped her during the issue, these are accomplishments that I can actually pat myself on the back for.....THANKS everyone for your support and I will still check in and post and reply but wanted everyone to know.....I SURVIVED!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Kibblekitty

Congratultions on the progress you've made and how well you've handled the bug/??? moments!

I'm very proud of you!!!

Just for being able to have children, I am proud of you!

Thanks so much TG......the child thing is a very wonderful experience but I was never ill through them nor during delivery......I didn't want kids when I was younger because of the sickness thing and was told I would never have kids. When I was 30 and dated my hubby for 4 years, I ended up pregnant and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. In fact, all of our children are 16 months apart and I have 3, two boys and a gal. I hate the sick season around here but if I really count up the incidents, maybe all v* episodes are all on one hand and colds fill up both. Three children pass bugs quickly but for the most part the kids are all healthy and enjoy life. I just Thank my lucky Stars that I am getting better with this, I do not want it to continue into the kids like it did with me and my growing up experiences. My father was an emet and out of the 3 of us kids growing up, I got it too. I want my children to grow up knowing that everyone gets sick and that you feel yucky for a day and then it passes.....life goes on. Easy to write, hard to do on a daily basis but I am getting better like I said. This site has saved me and my own sanity knowing I am not alone.

Kibblekitty
    Edited by: kibblekitty

Congratulations. I hope I can do the same when my next turn comes. You gave me some hope.

I had my kids later in life and they are 12 months, 9 days apart. I want to handle the vomiting incidents as I do any other virus they get.

It's so nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle.

Wow!! I applaud you on that because it is something I could never do...I will never have kids because likewise Kids do get sick!! I am glad that you were able to help your daughter and that is a major step!!

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD JOB!!! I love hearing everyone's success stories!!!

Congratulations!! I wish my kids would stop barfing so much. . . . .

My kids are 8&6 and I just keep telling myself "They're getting older each bug season and mabey they will build some resistance and at least be more self sufficiant"-like when they are teenagers.

I wish I could have some of your positive energy right now!!!! My son and youngest daughter have both v'd this week. I have no idea where they picked it up. Our doctor says our son has pharyngitis and that could have caused his v'ing, but now that my daughter has it I dont know what to think.

I think that it is wonderful that your phobia is improving.

WOW!

Thats one of my many fears, how will I cope when my son gets sick.. my Mum used to stand with me in the bathroom when I was ill, how on earth did she do that!!? I always think I will run a mile when Jay says he feels sick, I love him with all my heart but I dont want to be anywhere near him incase he v*s, then who will clean up if he is.. Oh dear Thats awful of me but I just dont know how I can be around him incase I catch a tummy bug or if the sight etc makes me feel sick too.

Well done you for what you managed to do and cope with!

I always thought that Id never have kids either bcos of emet but I coped, somehow, and youre right, having kids (or one in my case!) is a wonderful thing. I did get morning sickness and that was awful, something I dont evercare to repeat, but you just have to get on with it in that case.. I just held out for when it would pass, that kept me going.

Well done again

Nikkixx.