Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Post sharing things an sv's

so we had to do CPR training this morning and use those mannequins to practice on.
    we had to share ventilation masks that you blow into and clean after use with medical wipes. I used one a couple of times and you start to lose track of whether they were cleaned every time before it is used. So i've come home 2 hours later and had a sandwich and some popcorn for lunch and immediately after d* then nausea....i'm not sure whether the d* is IBS since i havent been eating much recently and that sandwich was probably the largest portion of food i've had in few days. My concern about those ventilation masks is being ill tomorrow or thursday if i caught a sv since the wipes are only antibacterial. I shared it with 2 other people but i dont know whether either of them have been ill recently.

also i've been really really cautious about hand hygiene lately, a few friends had noro a couple of weeks ago - they caught on a weekend trip away and suffered when they got back but it hasnt seemed to spread. Am i being way too anxious thiking every grumble, every loose bm, every noise, every bit of nausea is going to be a sv/noro when it could just be IBS and anxiety??? I had quite a good day with it yesterday and sunday being able to rationalise things but for some reason today is not a good day for it.

The nausea isnt there so much now but i feel it in my throat like acidic and sour. I hate this horrific phobia, it's such a party pooper on my life.

Default Re: sharing things an sv's

oh yeah... so the thing about after cpr today. i stupidly starting eating something on the way home - i washed my hands in the store before taking my sandwich and eating it on the way home. i tried not the touch the sandwich whilst eating it (it doesnt look that weird) but i still feel completely terrible and have to go back to school in 45mins for a few hours with patients on a clinic...ie nowhere to run and hide.

I dont get it. I took a CPR class and we were each given our own masks. Seriously? They had to make you all share them? That's disgusting! Is their budget THAT BAD? I don't think you would catch a SV from it, but I still find the whole thing gross. I would of asked for my own mask or ran out and bought my own (they come in First Aid kits) Shame on whoever was giving the class. Not to mention if probably costs more to use all those medical wipes rather than just give each student their own ask.

Yeah, that is TOTALLY WRONG to share masks!!! Or did they have your own filter to use? I can see the filter being used and sharing the mask. Those filters we use on our vents and they keep all the gunk out!

I know, it's horrible. It's funny because I carry a face shield around in a little Velcro case on my key chain in case I find someone in the street needs CPR and I can give them the rescue breaths and not contact their mouth with mine - it's basically a plastic sheet with a one-way valve. Kind of ironic that they want us to practically share mouth bacteria with each other!!! We might be studying together but we don't make out.

I felt a little better this afternoon but my hands started getting red and flakey - then a clinical tutor asked if I have been stressed lately...I laughed and thought about the frantic posts on here and said "Yes, a little..." Anxiety shows itself in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jotini View Post
    I know, it's horrible. It's funny because I carry a face shield around in a little Velcro case on my key chain in case I find someone in the street needs CPR and I can give them the rescue breaths and not contact their mouth with mine - it's basically a plastic sheet with a one-way valve. Kind of ironic that they want us to practically share mouth bacteria with each other!!! We might be studying together but we don't make out.

I felt a little better this afternoon but my hands started getting red and flakey - then a clinical tutor asked if I have been stressed lately...I laughed and thought about the frantic posts on here and said "Yes, a little..." Anxiety shows itself in many ways.
    I have the same thing!!!!!

Why dont you use your face shield?