Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Saying Good-bye

I'm sorry I have to say good-bye. People think that I am getting worse because of this site, and so I've decided to stop and see if they are right. It will be really tough for me not to come on here, weather it is for me or to read your posts and help ou guys out, its going to be very hard.

Anyways I have to try for them.

I appreciate all you guys have done for me, and will never forget the compassion and support you guys have given me.

Take great care of yourselves.

Sonia

Good luck! I hope that this is what works for you. After
    posting over 800 times, I'm sure it will be hard for you. I know
    you said goodbye...and that may mean that you never read this, but who
    is telling you that this site is making things worse? I only ask
    because, even though they may be right, I hope you are doing it because
    you think it will help. Not because they are telling you it is
    what will make you feel better. I wish you lots of luck!
    And if this doesn't work out for the best, then we are always
    here! We will miss you. Carrie

Thank you Carrie, and as much as I don't want to admit it, I think these people are right, and that's why I want to try.

For example, everyone knows that I haven't been eating right? Its been about 2 weeks. It happened twice so far where I went to take a shower and panicked because I had once read a post about someone being sick in the shower because their stomach was empty and the steam got to them. I tried to tell myself that I wasn't them. I proceeded to shower and about 30 seconds into it, I started feeling dizzy and so I assumed the same thing, panicked, and took a record time shower of 2 minutes, I don't even know how well I washed that day. I am freaked out a little because I keep saying how I'm ok with reading the v* posts, and for the most part I am but then I hold on to the other stuff, and that's where I think I'm learning new things to be afraid of. Had I never read the shower post, I never in a million years would have been afraid to shower on an empty stomach, and I know it doesn't mean it will happen to me ever, but its there now, the thought, and it is not a good thing.

I hope this makes more sense now why I'm leaving, and yes after my 800 + posts, it will be hard, but I have to try for my own sake. It doesn't mean I didn't enjoy being helped and helping, but I have to do this for myself now and see if I do improve a little bit.

Take care, and yes I will be around a little while longer to read my posts and say good bye again!

the site is a mixed blessing. theres support + info but you can also
    become obsessive/dependant on it and hear thigns that make you even
    more nervous. I try to stay away unless I have questions or something
    to say.

Good luck

It's a good choice to leave, and it's courageous for you to admit to yourself that reading these posts is affecting you that way.

I will be so sad to see you leave Sonia. You have been there so many times for me, and I really appreciate it. Even though choosing to leave might be the best decision for you, just remember that we will always be here when you need us. Take care, and I hoope nothing but the best for you.

Hey Sonia,

You'll be missed around here. I hope things go good for you, and that leaving helps you. It does for some, it just depends on the person and their situacion. I wish you the best, and you can always stop by and say hi sometime if you want. You'll be missed, [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Thank you so much for what you guys said, and I don't want to go. I like talking to you guys alot. All I have to say is that I'm happy to be leaving on my own terms and not because of you or this site, because I personally love coming on, and helping you guys out, and as much as I say I'm strong about reading all these posts, maybe I'm really not.

But I'd love to keep in touch anyways through email, talk about our love loves and even emet, so if you want, here's my email, and we can chat anytime!

[email protected]

I wish you all well too, and I will miss you guys so much!

I hopeit helps you Sonia. I find at times when I back away from this site I feel more in control. Now that the nice weather is here I feel so much better, but once Sept/Oct hits I will be a basket case. I wish you all the best. You have been a great friend to me.

Sonia,

We are going to miss you! I am sorry that I didn't get to know you better while you were here on the site! I wish you the best of luck, and hope that you will beat this phobia!

Take care, and if you need us, you know where we are! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aww - i hope it all works out ok for you Sonia - you were there for me def at times on this site and u gave me good advice when i needed it.

i think its a good idea and i know exactly what u mean - i pick up things from here or obsess about stuff...

tkae care babe
    ems x