Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Possible Ibs?

Default Possible Ibs?

Hey guys. For quite some time now ive dealt with pains that radiate a lot from my abdomen area and the same area around my back,I get really ill sometimes and have had to be prescribed laxatives at a certain point, But today i didn't need the bathroom at all,but it all came flushing out suddenly (tmi sorry )and the fact i feel a little warm,had been shivering i was worried a lot about appendicitis

I also wondered,how many of you have IBS and how you deal with it? Could i just be panicking over IBS or is it a serious problem that my doctor needs to know about asap?

Default Re: Possible Ibs?

I have IBS, mainly the constipation kind although I have been known to have d* in the past. Its not a serious condition but it can feel like it is sometimes. If I am under any stress I get a flare up, or sometimes for no apparent reason it bothers me. I usually deal with it by taking buscopan for the pain/cramps. You can buy them OTC in any pharmacy but I get mine from my dr. I also place a hot water bottle across my stomach which can be soothing. Once in a while I'll take a laxative but only if I havent been to the toilet for a long time (like 2 weeks). I also have anti-emetics from my dr which I take far to often.

Default Re: Possible Ibs?

Hello, I have IBS also. Mine is mostly diarrhea. Sometimes I get constipated also. I too have had sudden urges where it comes right out. No warning or nothing. It's very gross. Thankfully that's only happened twice. Luckily after that I went to my dr and he put me on a medicine to help my tummy troubles and it also has a little dose of anxiety meds in it so it relaxes my mind also. Personally I would say you should go to the dr. OTC medicine helps. But I always like the comfort of knowing the pills they prescribe are from a dr. (Not knowing if the OTC meds could actually cause more harm if its not treating the proper problem) Anyway, I hope you find help and you feel better.