Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Hot flushes, stomach pain, n* and bloating

ANOTHER day of feeling crap!

Started at about 11am this morning, had a very large bm* (sorry if TMI). Felt okay-ish afterwards, a little 'off' but I carried on pottering round the house and went out.

Had some tea this evening, but now (10pm) I feel awful. I'm almost in tears because I've been doing actually pretty good recently, and I feel this is a big set back for me personally.

My upper stomach hurts, like above my belly button. I feel slightly bloated. I've not had another bm* since this morning, but I frequently pee (used to that one though!). I feel really n*, and have taken a Phenergan. The other thing is these hot flushes I keep getting, which I've had all day. My cheeks feel like they're burning, but when I look at myself I look okay if you get me? But I feel so hot that it just makes me feel weird. For some reason, I always associate this with sv* just because I've read about fevers being linked closely with it.

I'm sitting in bed trying to distract myself on the laptop but at the mo, to no avail. I can never sleep when I'm like this.

Default Re: Hot flushes, stomach pain, n* and bloating

Aha, a fellow northerner? The 'tea' instead of 'dinner' was a giveaway..
    Anyway, I think it's possible that the food you had was big strain on your digestive system. Did you have anything that can trigger pains for you? Mine are garlic, raw onions, beef, spices...the list goes on a little longer but ill spare you your sanity.
    It's also possible that what you're feeling is reflux - which is often accompanied by flushing of the cheeks. You get a slightly increased saliva production to try and wash the acid - though this can be counteracted by anxiety which causes a dry mouth.

I too am lying in bed trying to distract myself from gastro troubles and anxiety. I hate it so much, it has only reared its ugly head over the past week and a half after being relatively good for a couple of months.
    I'm sure this will pass for both of us!

Thanks for your reply jotini, I've been sitting here refreshing the page waiting for a reply - how stupid!

Not a Northerner though I'm afraid! I'm a Norfolk gal, so a bit of a country bumpkin I suppose!

I can't think of anything that particularly triggered it. I had fish fingers, beans, and potato, but these things I'm normally fine with.

I had never thought of the reflux... would that explain the n* and stomach pain too?

I'm so sorry you're feeling rubbish, wish I could take it away for the both of us. I feel like I'm not getting any better which I hate. Just want to be a 'normal' temparature!

Hey we say tea instead of dinner in wales too haha!

It sounds very similar to what Im going through at moment. Ive been feeling awful for a couple of weeks. The stomach pain comes & goes, feeling hot but no temperature, my cheeks are hot to the touch yet I look pale, n*,aching body & head & feeling full even when I havent eaten for several hours. Whatever it is its not nice & like you I just wish it would go away. My dr seemed to think it was some random virus but who knows. Feel better soon. And snap again - Im in bed but trying to distract myself cos I cant sleep when I feel like this

How're you doing tonight Claire43? Hope you're not feeling so bad today. xx

Well long story short I was sent up to the emergency care centre at the hospital. I saw a dr wednesday evening who thought I could possibly have a clot on the lung. I was given a blood thinning jab in my belly (left a lovely bruise!) then had to return yesterday & spent the day having a ct scan & various tests. End result is small amount of fluid built up around my heart. Its probably caused by some virus which is what has knocked the stuffing out of me lately. Back in work today not 100% but trying to get on with things but also take things easy.

How are you today littlestranger? Better I hope.