Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default During a Panic attack...

Would you rather be alone or have someone there to comfort you? Asking because I often feel judged or like a bother, but at the same time want comfort.

Default Re: During a Panic attack...

Alone. I feel uncomfortable with people around as though they can see me panicking.

definitely alone for me.....i feel like if i talk to someone about it ..it will be more "real".....my husband and a few friends know about my emet and know that if i need to be alone it's usually cause i'm panicking....i go in the bedroom and watch tv or something to try and distract myself.
    how i feel about emet
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Personally I like to be alone but thats just because I don't want to look like a crazy person while I'm freaking out, but afterwards I don't mind having my husband there to comfort me, I just get really irritable in the midst of it and advise anybody to steer clear!

Alone, I'd be so embarressed if the rest of the world saw me at my stupidest.

I can't have anyone touch me when I panic I also can't sit down I have to keep pacing. My husband pisses me off cause he tries to get me to lay down with him to make me feel better but I can't sit when n* and anxious. I usually call my sister and she calms me down over the phone it's good cause she can't see me lol. Another thing is an ice pack is the best thing to stop the n*.

Well, one time I had a close friend with me and I honestly had never felt so safe in my life. He even half-carried me home! (we were out for a walk)
    Usually though I prefer to just manage it myself and then after its passed I might seek comfort/advice, but thats pretty rare.

i have to be alone or i will lash out and yell at everyone.

I like to be alone or be with someone like my mom because she made me and gave birth to me. If I need someone it will be her I go to. Anyone else I feel fucking stupid and pathetic.
    Tumblr :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook :

Youtube :

~No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile.
    ~

Alone for sure, which is why I get anxious being confined in a car with someone else or in a crowd or at school sometimes.. I have to have an escape route and I want to be alone so I can freak out in peace! I always feel like such an ass and its embarrassing and I know people are being kind by trying to help but I'd rather just be by myself!

Murder - I am like you too, my mum is the only person I would go to. She has seen me at my worst... Poor woman! I know I frustrate her so bad with my obsessive questions and illnesses and freak outs! :-/
    Last edited by ruhligv; 10-25-2012 at 01:02 AM.
    Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10

Thaks... yeah, I like to be alone, but at the same time I seem to want comfort from someone who won't get angry with me when I yell at them (which happens a lot when I'm scared).

Both, it really depends. My DH tends to be very impatient with it. My mom is really good about it and my sister can be a help too. Although then afterwards I'm really embarassed.

When I'm flippin out, I like to do it myself, or at least, try to do it myself. Half the time I'm able to shut down the attack alone, or I sign on the computer and Facebook chat with somebody that does know, and they help to distract me. When it's a bad or very sudden attack, you bet your ass I'm calling my Mom just so she can talk to me and tell me to calm the heck down, or if she's with me, I'm stuck to her like a chunk of velcro until it stops.... I've tried using my Dad to help me, and he's good to an extent as well, but my Momma's the best for sure.

Alone. No one else understands the depth of my insanity. I've lived with myself for 20 years so I've somehow come to terms with it.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.